Harvesting By Smell?

• Thread starter Getafix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Getafix

Getafix

Hi all I was just wondering is there anybody out there that can tell when to harvest by smell

Getafix

Getafix

No, but just by lookin at a cars headlights i can tell ya exactly which way its goin
The reason why am asking is this is my second grow but first harvest About two weeks ago overnight her pistol went from white to brown with very minimal amount of tricons on bud and leaves (all clear) and head read somewhere that some satavs might do this ,so did not harvest I'm led to believe I am growing a Indica Then five days later overnight she produced loads of white pistols and now nine days later covered in trycons buds have doubled in thickness but in this 9 day period she went three times from 80% cloudy tricons to producing loads more clear over night (None of the tricons have turned golden yet) then two days ago she Lost little of her sent( A strong masty cheesy smell) then this evening her sent has changed to a very pleasant sweet lemony smell

Getafix

Getafix

What is it with car headlights?
If you're trying to tell me to look at my plant you're using the wrong terminology because at a distance you will determine if the car is going left to right yes but head on you will have no idea whether the light is coming towards you or going away from you (to a point) unless you can see in 3-D

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

The reason why am asking is this is my second grow but first harvest About two weeks ago overnight her pistol went from white to brown with very minimal amount of tricons on bud and leaves (all clear) and head read somewhere that some satavs might do this ,so did not harvest I'm led to believe I am growing a Indica Then five days later overnight she produced loads of white pistols and now nine days later covered in trycons buds have doubled in thickness but in this 9 day period she went three times from 80% cloudy tricons to producing loads more clear over night (None of the tricons have turned golden yet) then two days ago she Lost little of her sent( A strong masty cheesy smell) then this evening her sent has changed to a very pleasant sweet lemony smell
Good observations. Pics help, but smell has no bearing on harvest. It's all about trics. Not sure what's going on with yours. But when the hairs (pistyls) curl and no more white are popping then your getting close.
If you're trying to tell me to look at my plant you're using the wrong terminology because at a distance you will determine if the car is going left to right yes but head on you will have no idea whether the light is coming towards you or going away from you (to a point) unless you can see in 3-D
lmmfao he's just fkn with you.

G gnome

G gnome

Wow dude!!! U just totally read way too far into that joke.......

BudBogart

BudBogart

It would be extremely difficult to discuss the exact smell you look for if indeed anyone felt qualified to harvest from smell.
You are on the right track looking at the buds to see if they are still fattening, are the pistils still white or dying back, calyx swelling around the pistils and if you have a scope, are the trichomes turning Amber.
On a side note, if you see the headlights they are coming at you. Otherwise you see tail lights. Couldn't let that go, sorry.
If you put up a pic of your plant you might get more opinions as to if its ready to harvest. Peace

G gnome

G gnome

It would be extremely difficult to discuss the exact smell you look for if indeed anyone felt qualified to harvest from smell.
You are on the right track looking at the buds to see if they are still fattening, are the pistils still white or dying back, calyx swelling around the pistils and if you have a scope, are the trichomes turning Amber.
On a side note, if you see the headlights they are coming at you. Otherwise you see tail lights. Couldn't let that go, sorry.
If you put up a pic of your plant you might get more opinions as to if its ready to harvest. Peace
Its simple really....the headlights that is haha

Getafix

Getafix

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hi all I was just wondering is there anybody out there that can tell when to harvest by smell
Use a jewelers loupe and look at tge trichomes.

From what i have read the plants should be harvested when 60% of trichomes are cloudy 20% clear a s tge rest amber

Getafix

Getafix

Yes I agree it would be extremely difficult to discuss a particular sent I have noticed a change in smell of the plant(I just wondering ) And I'll know when the lights change colour ha ha ha ha

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Overnight pistil dying can be from a few things. Pollination (start searching for bananas!), a foliar treatment, change in light, fertilizer.

Read my thread on how to tell when to harvest without a loupe.

Getafix

Getafix

Overnight pistil dying can be from a few things. Pollination (start searching for bananas!), a foliar treatment, change in light, fertilizer.

Read my thread on how to tell when to harvest without a loupe.
Thanks read your theard found very helpful ( present the right question ) so apologies to you all and I shall try again in another thread thank you all

Latest posts

Top Bottom