Harvesting of "Snow White" plants

• Thread starter Sod Buster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sod Buster

I have been growing some "Snow White" plants for approx. 100 days or so, they have been flowering for 70 days today but none of the trichomes are turning amber in fact most of them are still clear with only a few looking milky white. The pistals are almost all a brownish red with only about 5-10% still white.

Has anyone else grown this strain and if so could you please tell me when they might start to finally get some amber trichomes or will they stay clear forever. If they do only turn a milky white how long should it take before most of them will get to this color, I am afraid to let them go much further as I don't want to lose the potency.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might supply.

R

Rolln J

try cutting your hours to 11/13 - may help them finish faster - not familiar with the strain, so no idea how long it should go - pistil color is one factor, but also you want the calyxes to swell and obviously the crystals to get milky too.

70 days isnt that long in the scheme of things - and sometimes the thc will milk up on you over a few days - so be patient.

what is this plant a cross of?

B

BayAreasFinest

if its the same cut of SnowWhite I got your gunna need to feed for another 7 to 10 days then start ur flush. 1st week with black strap. 2nd week without. You will enjoy if u wait it out.

R

Rolln J

found some info on sweet seeds site about it...

Snow White is one of the finest strains within the White's family. The greasy pure Indica father gives Snow White a denser statue than its close relative, White Widow. This F1 hybrid is a big yielder with dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. Well suited for both hydro and soil growing systems. Its great smooth taste and a powerful indica buzz make this strain a nice Widow variation.
•Plant type: Best suitable for outdoor growing.
•Plant height: Medium,, Indica/Sativa mix.
•Stoned or high: Stoned, Indica body buzz.
•THC level:Strong 15-20%.
•Flowering Weeks: 8/10.
•Yield: 350/450 grams. (Sea of Green on one m2).
•Harvest Month: 9/10.
•Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners).

says 8-10 weeks - but that can always vary by a few weeks.

B

BayAreasFinest

Rollin J- i can check my journal but i ran 24 plant of clone of those and they but im pretty sure i harvested at 87-91 day range.

S

Sod Buster

Here is the information I found on the "Snow White" strain, it appears that I do have another week or so to go as it calls for a flowering period of 9/11 weeks. I would have tried the flush with the black strap but I already started flushing one week ago and with maybe just a week to go I don't think it is a good idea to start over again because from what I have read part of flushing is getting rid of the sugars as they help contribute to a harsh smoke. If I am wrong about this please don't hesitate to correct me. This is my 4th grow and I know I still have a ton to learn.

Product Description

100% feminised! Snow White is one of our top-notch selections from the “white" family. Her pure Indica father gives Snow White a denser stature than close relative White Widow, making this F1 hybrid a big yielder indeed. Its plants bear dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. This strain is well suited to hydro or similar systems. With its lovely smooth taste and powerful Indica stone, Snow White is one of the nicest Widow variations available.

Seedbank: Nirvana

Type: Indoor

Indica / Sativa Hybrid

Feminized: Yes

Yield: 400 - 500

Effect: Stoney and high

Grow height: Medium

Flowering weeks: 9 / 11 weeks

R

Rolln J

lol oh yeah I believe that and if he has no cloudy trichs it aint done yet...

was just some info I found on it - of course sometimes a site misinforms you in regards to yield, potency and flowering time.

B

BayAreasFinest

ya. id have to figure out my m2 to figure out what i pulled per m2. but I got bout 17 zips in my 4x4. it was def some GOOD GOOD tho.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

I've never seen a study that proves less light hours will speed up flowering. All I have seen just say it cuts yield. I mean going to 6/12 won't make flowers mature faster then 12/12. sarge

R

Rolln J

I've never seen a study that proves less light hours will speed up flowering. All I have seen just say it cuts yield. I mean going to 6/12 won't make flowers mature faster then 12/12. sarge

not trying to speed up flowering, just get the thc to ripen - you cant compare going 6/12 to going 11/13 for a weeks or so...

in nature the days continually get shorter, colder etc - you dont get 12/12 and 80 degrees from beginning of flower till chop.

B

BayAreasFinest

just look at the days right now. I still have 3 belladonnas outside that are getting super ripe. so happy i waited.

Top Bottom