• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

hello folks.

i will harvest the crop soon.
i have some questions :

1 ) i'll make cannbutter from fan leaves .should i keep all fan leaves or only " sugar " coated fan leaves ?

2 ) How should i keep fan leaves before making cannabutter ? should i keep them in brown paper bags to dry a bit or should i put them in freezer ? or can i make cannabutter even as soon as i trim them ?

3 ) i live at very heat place. i will hang my plants in an air conditioned room to dry.then i will cure them in jars.can i put the curing jars in a fridge ? it is the coolest place in my home.

4 ) how long should i cure them in jars ?

5 ) After curing stage, can i keep them in the fridge ?

Thanks.

B

bdawgburner

hello folks.

i have some questions :

1 ) i'll make cannbutter from fan leaves .should i keep all fan leaves or only " sugar " coated fan leaves ?

2 ) How should i keep fan leaves before making cannabutter ? should i keep them in brown paper bags to dry a bit or should i put them in freezer ? or can i make cannabutter even as soon as i trim them ?

3 ) i live at very heat place. i will hang my plants in an air conditioned room to dry.then i will cure them in jars.can i put the curing jars in a fridge ? it is the coolest place in my home.

Thanks.

1) Keep the sugar leaves.

2) I put mine in freezer bags and freeze them immediately. Then take them out when I am going to make the butter. I just put them in frozen. It works fine.

3) Make sure the buds are DRY before putting into jars. The stems should snap and not be rubbery. You dont need to put them in the fridge. I keep mine in a closet until I need a new jar and then take it out. Some people freeze them to keep them longer. But thats usually to store for more than a couple months. Make sure you burp the jars a couple times a day until you know there is no moisture left in the buds.

4) The cure is all personal preference. The longer the better some say. I try to cure as long as I can, but sometimes thats only a couple weeks. Its fine for me.

5) You could keep them in the fridge I guess. But you dont need to. Freezer for long storage. Otherwise keep them in a closet or someplace thats dark and not crazy hot.

D

D9420

hello folks.

i have some questions :

Thanks.

#1 most bigger fans have no trichs so i only use the smaller sugar leaves and popcorn buds

#2 i do it dry!! but i have seen it done wet rite off the plant. i would soak the leaves in some water to rinse them this will help make your butter taste better and come out more yellow than mint green.

#3 after you jar the buds i would open it for an hour a day until the buds cure to your preference. for long term storage make sure most of the moisture is out of the buds and even then i would still open the jars weekly to change out the air and check the buds out.

#4 usually 2-3 days in the jars being burped daily is enough time to try a sample but the longer you cure most buds the better they get so its all on you. you could jar for 5 days and smoke it up. or you could wait for 3-4 weeks to start smoking. or wait months and it will just get better. just make sure for the first week or 2 you open the jars for about an hour a day slowly it will become evenly dried. when you first jar it after hanging it feels crispy dry but a couple hours in a jar and it will become wet again so you keep burping until the bud is evenly dried and the smell comes back.

#5 you can keep them in there i would light block the jars but it should help keep it fresh.

hope that helps ya
D9420;):bong-hits:

C

charlesweedmore

thanks . great foruma nd great informations :smiley_joint:

S

Sirius

If your going to put your buds in the fridge or freezer make sure the jars are vacuum sealed to be safe!

Top Bottom