Harvesting seeds

• Thread starter JustAnotherHead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustAnotherHead

So I took some pollen from a quality male White Widow plant, I think pollinated one branch of my Mango strain. Now there is lots of information on harvesting females and zero for harvesting seeds. I ask because grabbed one nug from the very lower branch. The nug had two seeds in it. I essentially immediately planted them, neither sprouted despite looking big, healthy and mature with stripes. I got to thinking maybe they needs time to sit, like in nature. or be stuck in the fridge for a few to simulate winter to spring. Any advice on harvesting seeds, such as the When to get them off the plant, and how to care for them so they actually germinate.

Thanks,

JustAnotherHead.

cannabeans

cannabeans

curing your seeds....

seeds need to be cured as well. keep them in a dark airy corner away from any rodents. (mice love seeds) for about a month. then, plant as usual!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yes u need 2 let them dry like ur buds.. I'm not sure y the seeds need 2 dry but hats how it's done..

J

JustAnotherHead

Thank you for all your replies. Believe it or not they actually germed, just slowly. They got legs quick though. Cool, can I name this strain now? LOL

White Mango or Mango Widow? LOL

T

TROCOLO

Hi

You must harvest the seeds only when they are well developed, big, dark and healthy. When they are ripe the seed pods are open, and the seeds are clearly visible.

You must leave the seeds to dry a few weeks at least three for a good and fast germination.

Greetings.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

You already have heard let them dry... so I will not give you that information again. Usually even if they sprout, they produce weak, sickly plants if they haven't been dried long enough. IMHO don't waste your time, but that is just my experience. Good luck!

@ Makingoo +rep for being honest bro! Some people online would just spout off bullshit and act like their keyboard has a doctorate. I, also, have no idea why a fresh seed wants to be stubborn. They just do...

-nugzz

Danoid

Danoid

What I do is let them sit out in a cool dry place for 30 days then put in a film can in the fridge until I am ready to pop them. I have seed from 5 years ago stored this way and if I pop them I have at least 75% germination rate. With seeds I don't plan to store after the 30 day dry I just put them in spring water and put in the fridge overnight. Then pop them in a wet paper towel in a warm place and not let them dryout. Good Luck

Top Bottom