Harvesting. Where Do I Start?

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

So this grow has gone well. I'm happy with the end results, but I need a few pointers on harvesting. What's everybody's tips and tweaks to getting a great finished product. I'm currently prepping to chop 12 plants. They're not huge by any means. Kept small, but trained well and the tops are beautiful. I'll share a quick pic so everybody gets the idea of what I'm working with. They're in the last week according to my notes and I've been flushing for the past ten days. Figured I'll chop, deleaf the fans, and hang them in flower tent with no lights for a few days before final trim. Finishing the dry and cure in a cabinet that is equipped with its own filter and exhaust.

IMG 1681
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Those look pretty small from the pic. How tall are they?

Hydro head

Hydro head

I strip off fan leaves first by hand, then chop stem off a good size to hang then trim up and repeat, when nearly dry I take all bud off stems and finish drying,

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Those look pretty small from the pic. How tall are they?
I originally started this grow under LED. I planned for start to finish under LED. Train them young and low to just utilize a suspected small footprint of the LED source of light. Got a little disappointing around the fourth week in flower. I was given the option of an HPS to use to finish. No brainier. Basement was getting too cold anyway. Two birds, one stone kinda shit. I'm gonna sort out the exhaust a little better and I believe I will have the environment set for the next run. I'm sure I could have gone a bit bigger, had I planned for the HPS. I have a few Deathstar and a Strawberry Cough almost ready to move in to the big girl tent. Next run is less plants, more thinning and training on a screen for increased size and quality of growth instead the overgrown fuckfest I'm currently dreading to trim. Haha. Hopefully I can get some more gerth in the next colas. Height is approx 20" from top of container.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Here's a closer look. Not quite the bulk in there like I was hoping for, but I really didn't supplement with nutrients much the entire grow. They spent the duration of grow in a super soil mix. I used a 1-3-2 mixture for second half of flower. I'm trying to let them go as long as possible. The past three weeks under the HPS I think really made a difference.

IMG 1684
Top Bottom