Has anybody used Diatomaceous earth all the way through flower?

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

I've been using DE the whole time ..but in flower only on the soil, the problem is when I use the duster it sends little bits of DE dust flying in the air and I'm worried about that dust residue getting on my buds.
In week 4 and 5 of flower right now
Idk what else to do to protect my soil
Any advice or tips are appreciated

Z

Zill

DE is Si. What does it do? A fine powder like that won’t help with soil structure.

BudBogart

BudBogart

DE is Si. What does it do? A fine powder like that won’t help with soil structure.
When dry, de has very sharp edges that will cut up small insects, killing or preventing access. We don’t use nearly enough to affect soil structure

Z

Zill

Bud,

I think you’re referring to boric acid crystals. Those crystals get in between the legs and exoskeleton of insects. The leg movements and crystals wear holes in the exoskeleton. They essentially evaporate to death.

Not sure if dine as finely divided DE powder does the same thing.

Zill.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Sorry…

Not sure if finely divided DE powder….
It desiccates them, but I'm not sure if the way it happens is the same way as Boric Acid. DE absorbs oils and fats from the cuticle of the insect's exoskeleton. Its sharp edges are abrasive make it happen faster. It's only effective if it's kept dry. I drilled holes in the lid of a jar to make a shaker and use it to spread DE when the top of the soil dries after watering. I mostly use it for fungus gnats.

Top Bottom