Has Anyone Ever Did A Grow In An Apartment?

• Thread starter MagicSeth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I am moving into a 2 bedroom apartment. Its on the 3 rd floor. I was thinking I could uses a 2x4x5 tent , 3 inch duct fan and carbon filter and a 450 watt led light and vent it into the room. Any suggestions? Cannabis is legal here in Michigan.

Monster762

Monster762

I am moving into a 2 bedroom apartment. Its on the 3 rd floor. I was thinking I could uses a 2x4x5 tent , 3 inch duct fan and carbon filter and a 450 watt led light and vent it into the room. Any suggestions? Cannabis is legal here in Michigan.
I’d use bigger than 3” extractor. At least 4. 4 is like a minimum. I’d put at least 4” or 6” fan. It’ll make a difference. And get a good filter. Don’t be like me n buy the $40 filter n find out why it’s half the price of the good ones.
And legal or not for many reasons it’s best to keep it like it never happened anyways. What no one knows no one can have an opinion on. No one waiting for you to go to work to kick door down none of that. Cops there might not be issue but thieves always are.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually my brother grows in a 2 bedroom apt using my grow rack. It’s a similar setup to what you describe but it’s easier to setup and is fully optimized for air flow and has both a veg and flower chamber in one unit. He is about to harvest his first crop anytime now. No smell at all. The apt has 4 units per building and he grows in his spare bedroom. In fact when you enter into the spare bedroom you can’t even smell it.

Monster762

Monster762

Vent outside, or every belonging you have will stink of weed. Like above, legal or not, there are a lot of people that will set you back because of it.
Yup is 3rd floor the top floor? Reason I ask is I’m in same situation and right now outside is good from top floor. Heat rises. So all the air in tent is hotter than outside air now so smell rises too. Once pushed out in the cold. But when hot outside it’ll rock the whole block. Keep that in mind. I’m right in the ghetto in a Med only state. Full of junkies so discreet is big big. An Apt with utilities included in rent is the chit. Got me down to about $5-10 an oz to grow my own. Not counting my time obviously. And better than what’s available anyways.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
C76C90F2 F6AF 40FE BC0E 2A59CDCCA5BC
Yup is 3rd floor the top floor? Reason I ask is I’m in same situation and right now outside is good from top floor. Heat rises. So all the air in tent is hotter than outside air now so smell rises too. Once pushed out in the cold. But when hot outside it’ll rock the whole block. Keep that in mind. I’m right in the ghetto in a Med only state. Full of junkies so discreet is big big. An Apt with utilities included in rent is the chit. Got me down to about $5-10 an oz to grow my own. Not counting my time obviously. And better than what’s available anyways.

Yeah it’s crazy how cheap it is to grow with highly efficient leds. My entire rack uses an average of 235 watts from the wall. And that’s with both veg and flower in one rack, fans, cloner and in-line ventilation system with carbon scrubber. Crazy efficient.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I rent apartments just to grow in, legally and illegally. 6" filter with inline is what i use and ive never had a problem. You have to have a credit card or friend with one you can use in case you have to rent a truck to hide it. Legal or not, you could still be robbed and your landlord will probably think it will destroy his property. You can't exactly run away from an apartment either, so i take security in them very seriously. I black out a bedroom and exhaust out the window. I put a black sock over the end to hide the metal and a houseplant on the balcony to further hide it. I put an ona block on the houseplant medium and aim the exhaust at it. I put an ona block at the entrance also, you have to keep them away from buds or they can attach to them and ruin their smell and taste. I also lock the bedroom door and keep a camera on the entrance to both. If the landlord ever needs to get in, i just put everything into a truck until they're gone. Some buildings are really hot so you need a high/low hygrometer for when you're gone. I always try to get the top floor, but that's not always available. I refuse ground floor apartments for this though.

MoonshineGuy

MoonshineGuy

Growing in an apartment is extremely risky.. riskier. I reckon if you're going to do a cabinet grow for personal use, cool. If you're growing any amount, I'd switch over to running moonshine. You can get a small still that runs off electricity, roll off some shine, sell that, and use the money to get a house out in the country! :P

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
My brother just had an apartment inspection today and 6 fully mature plants going inside The Growing Rack in his spare bedroom. They didn’t say a word. He had the cover on and ventilation going of course but he says it’s “Apartment Approved!”, haha. That’s awesome.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Thanks for all the comments. Taking everything into consideration I am growing at a friends house. He wants to learn how to grow cause its legal here. All I can say is his 1st grow is going to be the best ever.LMAO. Off to the seed store and cop some goodies as we can have 24 plants . WOOOOOOO WEEEEE!!!

F

fliege

I've done most of my grows in an apartment in a 60x60x120cm tent. It's small but I can squeeze in four autos in 11L pots. I bought a quiet exhaust fan and a 300 cfm carbon filter. I vent into the room and there *NO* smell. Zero. The only time it smells is mid-flowering onwards when I have to remove the plants from the tent for watering and inspection. I try to do that with the door of the room closed and a window open. I currently use ~300 W of CFLs, but I've grown decently for my purposes with 230 W.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have been growing in a 1 bedroom apartment for 6 years June 1rst, in my bedroom I set up a 4Ă—4tent, got a 600w led, some sidelight, and never looked back, medical marijuana is legal here and I am eligible for a card but cultivation is illegal under all circumstances, so I taught myself how to grow autoflowers beacuse they generally smell less but not allways I have 2 red dwarfs makeing life scary, prison weed it's that bad, sour spyder was worse but not much, anyway start a few and a few weeks later add a few and you allways have weed. I was going to say don't grow skunk but your legal but if you do it could become a security issue, if every time who knows who walks by your apt and all they smell is skunk it won't be to hard to figure out what your doing, I tell no one I grow, exept my girl so if someone a friend comes over and says are you growing? I know I'm messing up, never happened yet.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I agree, My tent is really small. Its only a 1.5 x1.5 and 4 feet tall. I can feel 3 oz's coming on. WOOOOWEEE!!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Well like I said I bought a 4Ă—4 Ă—80inc this is supposed to be a replacement for a 600w mh, it's 2 big , put a mh in there you will have light, but I do have room for sidelight, I bought a hydro crunch from home depo, really not a bad tent, then of course you have to buy all the fans and clamps and hose ect but nice and thick, no pin hole leaks, and you can set it up in 5 min with no tools, I was originally growing in my walk in closet that tent gets hot, I'm all ready running ac, I'll finish up this grow and probably go back to the closet easyer to keep cool, I like the tent but the ventilation system I don't know I just did better in my walk in, I'm germanateing big devel xxx in my walk in I will probably leave her there and I flower my plants in another closet so as these plants leave the tent I'll probably take it down. I just do small grows I can run 3 decient plants in my closet probably 6 in the tent.

Kepp89

Kepp89

my old caregiver had an 8 foot square tent, 10 feet high right in his living room.

had a card though so its was ok legally speaking

Ablueface

Ablueface

I rent apartments just to grow in, legally and illegally. 6" filter with inline is what i use and ive never had a problem. You have to have a credit card or friend with one you can use in case you have to rent a truck to hide it. Legal or not, you could still be robbed and your landlord will probably think it will destroy his property. You can't exactly run away from an apartment either, so i take security in them very seriously. I black out a bedroom and exhaust out the window. I put a black sock over the end to hide the metal and a houseplant on the balcony to further hide it. I put an ona block on the houseplant medium and aim the exhaust at it. I put an ona block at the entrance also, you have to keep them away from buds or they can attach to them and ruin their smell and taste. I also lock the bedroom door and keep a camera on the entrance to both. If the landlord ever needs to get in, i just put everything into a truck until they're gone. Some buildings are really hot so you need a high/low hygrometer for when you're gone. I always try to get the top floor, but that's not always available. I refuse ground floor apartments for this though.

Smart dude. Please kindly tell me what kind of trucks do you rent in order to hide it? for example what if its during a time when your suppose to be giving the plant light?? thanks in advance!

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I use a 4 inch filter on my little tents and a 6 inch filter for the entire room and just crack the bedroom window.

jaypru369

jaypru369

so youre saying a RDWC grow would be way to risky and to grow in soil?

Latest posts

Top Bottom