Has anyone ever salvaged a full herm and seen it to harvest?

• Thread starter GrundleGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

So I had this beautiful GSC that I moved to the flower tent in my new set up and 2 weeks into flower it started shooting out ballsacks EVERYWHERE. Interestingly the lateral branches were most affected so I stripped 90% of those off, tweezed the remaining sacks, water sprayed and sterilized the tent, fixed light leaks, and double checked for stressors. Good bye 75% of my yield but better than scrapping a plant that vegged almost 3 months.

Has anyone had a similar experience and actually yielded quality flower? Or am I in for more sacks and/or a seedy plant?

Thanks

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

So I had this beautiful GSC that I moved to the flower tent in my new set up and 2 weeks into flower it started shooting out ballsacks EVERYWHERE. Interestingly the lateral branches were most affected so I stripped 90% of those off, tweezed the remaining sacks, water sprayed and sterilized the tent, fixed light leaks, and double checked for stressors. Good bye 75% of my yield but better than scrapping a plant that vegged almost 3 months.

Has anyone had a similar experience and actually yielded quality flower? Or am I in for more sacks and/or a seedy plant?

Thanks
I have just keep checking at weekly and keep snipping the nanners off as you see them... The strain I've been stuck growing the past number of years had a tendency to do that to me until I got better stock... If you stay on top of it you won't get too many seeds in the ones that you do get are feminized...But if you find some yellow ones that are opened up you could have entire buds loaded... Just don't breed that plant I've grown some pretty potent stuff and I have harsh climate to grow in and still had smokable buds in the end... I'm sure there's someone on here far more experience than me with even better advice

GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

I have just keep checking at weekly and keep snipping the nanners off as you see them... The strain I've been stuck growing the past number of years had a tendency to do that to me until I got better stock... If you stay on top of it you won't get too many seeds in the ones that you do get are feminized...But if you find some yellow ones that are opened up you could have entire buds loaded... Just don't breed that plant I've grown some pretty potent stuff and I have harsh climate to grow in and still had smokable buds in the end... I'm sure there's someone on here far more experience than me with even better advice

Ah thanks, thats actually very useful. I found another couple small sacks today, cant tell if they were mature/letting viable pollen out.. do you think its worth the risk of keeping the plant now that ive got a second one in the flower tent? She just showed her first pistil

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Ah thanks, thats actually very useful. I found another couple small sacks today, cant tell if they were mature/letting viable pollen out.. do you think its worth the risk of keeping the plant now that ive got a second one in the flower tent? She just showed her first pistil
Well from what know you're better off separating them.. I got seeds in two of my plants that were quite a ways away in the woods from my last Hermie that I was growing next to the house and I pot...the pollen will go where the wind takes it or the bugs for that matter in a grow tent I imagined pollination will be pretty heavy if you leave them together unless you're confident you can get rid of all the male sacs that pop up and that's actually really hard to do sometimes they will start growing inside a dense bud

Top Bottom