has anyone ever used one of these as a reservoir?

• Thread starter Papa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa

Papa

Supporter
IMG_1001_3_.jpg

it's 45 gallons.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I've got one right now that I'm using. you can't fill it up to the top or it starts to buckle, but it holds water 6" from the top just fine. I think it holds 35-40 gallons at that point.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Besides the thing holding 4 beers it has 2 nug holders and 2 rolling trays.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Im using two of these right now, like Sput said, jus dont fill it up to the top, the part where you can put a lock on it starts to bend out pretty bad once you hit the little ring around the top.

mikeross

mikeross

just a heads up, if your gonna be running multiple 45 gallon buckets your not gonna get away with just a 70-100 gallon res. To get your desired nute level you would probably have over 30 gallons per bucket.

My 14 site setup uses the 27 gallon bins and I only have about 13-15 gallons per bucket. My 100 gallon res almost overflows when I shut the pumps off. When I turn the pumps on it brings the water level down to about 40 gallons in my rez until the water returns back down the 4"drain pipe. I also have 1-1/4" check valve on each feed line... without those I would have about 210 gallons on the floor.

Any reason you would want to run these style buckets over say homedepot buckets or those nice looking buckets socalsiner is running.

whatever you decide on doing I wish you luck. I just got everything dialed in the other day in my system and its the most amazing thing I have ever seen... well worth the time, $$$$ and studying to create the system haha

T

thed_ude

hey man,
i use these. you can get them at agri stores for around $75. they come in different sizes up to 100 gallons. very solid and durable. they will last a lifetime :)

aleYarok

aleYarok

i think hes talking about using it as his main res?
those would be some huuugeee "mini res"

aleYarok

aleYarok

for our setup we are just making our main res out of wood and pond liner, that way we can make it the exact dimensions we want it, and its a whole lot cheaper.

L

Lost

Make sure you install a back-flow device for just that reason, Most guys are running 200+ gallons, There 100 gall res would overflow if the pump fails. Install a back-flow device ASAP!

Werd. Pm me if you need info on how to get it together, or G.O.D. I believe he runs the same as I do just not a clear valve. (theyh make pve brass etc, whatever flips ur pancakes..)

Top Bottom