Has anyone every seen this mutation? Bud growing from base of a fan leaf?

• Thread starter rumblen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rumblen

rumblen

This occurred in march of 2003 and I found very little info related to this and had forgot about this all together until I stumbled upon these pics in an old backup folder. These plants were grown from gifted seeds, I was told they were "Raspberry" and that's it. (I am currently growing a Raspberry Kush/Razzle Dazzle that is not similar or related at all). A few fan leaves on one plant sprouted buds at their bases. Check out the pics. There were 3 female plants all expressing different traits and this occurred on only one. Just curious to see if anyone has seen this before.
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 2
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 3
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 4
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 5
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 6
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 7
Has anyone every seen this mutation bud growing from base of a fan leaf 8

rumblen

rumblen

I guess I should have googled a little first. This is common in a variety called Cannabis Chinensis apparently. Any one else have anymore info expanding on this? Or known strains that exhibit this trait?

squiggly

squiggly

Yes I have seen this before, several times.

Someone else posted a pic of this on this forum maybe a week ago or so in fact.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've seen it with my lavy and other purple brids and now with the forum gscookies!!

waayne

waayne

squiggly and baba are right on point

This is a fairly common phenomenon that I've observed on numerous strains
IMG 7103

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Walter white fire has this pic also very beautiful nug right at the base... I've only grown or seen this once with my own eyes man Wayne the one you posted had twelve fan leaves I've only grown eleven

orbad

orbad

I've had a leaf do that. You bud is bigger than mine was though. Can't remember what strain it was on.

C

critical

i have had this with a super silver haze mr nice seeds i was sure surprized to man! lol crazy mutant plants lol i put it down to the bad batch of an hammerhead or the an overdrive asa i never used it before or after n was the only grow i tried it with..

ttystikk

ttystikk

I run a strain/pheno that commonly does that on one fan leaf of the plant. I have no idea what it might be good for.

Moodytoody

Moodytoody

I have seen it alot in memberberry and gsc. Less common but still saw it in citradelic sunset and lilac diesel . Side note: when trimming memberberry half way through drying in an experiment to speed up drying, the build up on my trimmers was a beautiful honey red color!

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

This occurred in march of 2003 and I found very little info related to this and had forgot about this all together until I stumbled upon these pics in an old backup folder. These plants were grown from gifted seeds, I was told they were "Raspberry" and that's it. (I am currently growing a Raspberry Kush/Razzle Dazzle that is not similar or related at all). A few fan leaves on one plant sprouted buds at their bases. Check out the pics. There were 3 female plants all expressing different traits and this occurred on only one. Just curious to see if anyone has seen this before. View attachment 297548View attachment 297549View attachment 297550View attachment 297551View attachment 297552View attachment 297553View attachment 297554View attachment 297555
20201121 134735

KCRoyalCrown

KCRoyalCrown

I’m thankful for finding this thread. I have a Super Lemon Haze doing the same thing. Happy to hear it’s not a dangerous mutation

AD90E475 CB36 4712 BA8B 8E222BDF938B
D69662F2 4878 4842 8B4B 36469482078B
Top Bottom