Has anyone had accidental clones?

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

So to start off, this is a new one for me. I trimmed some of the lower stems on my future number one. She is an inground tree. Of course she is in week 4 of flower. About 5 days ago give or take I threw the trimmings in my compost pile. Today I noticed that the stems started to perk up and acted like they took root. I pulled one out and sure enough I see tiny roots. It's just a regular compost pile nothing out of the ordinary in it. I'm honestly shocked they took root with no rooting hormone and it's been crazy cool rainy weather the past couple of days. I'm going to transplant into some pots and bring them in to re veg. 7 out of 8 clippings are rooting. Anybody else have this happen? The pictures are from the other day. I will show update pictures if anyone wants to see them.

Has anyone had accidental clones
Has anyone had accidental clones 2
Has anyone had accidental clones 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's never happened to me, but I've also never thrown fresh cuts on a pile of wet stuff.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

It's never happened to me, but I've also never thrown fresh cuts on a pile of wet stuff.
Compost pile wasn't wet when I did the defoliation. We have hade a lot of rain move in a day or two after and I guess it was the right conditions for them to take root. Either the strain is quite resilient, my compost has the right natural nutes for rooting or I'm just super lucky. I did throw some used aloe stock in the pile middle of summer because we had sun burn but that was at least 2 months ago and it was a small amount. Idk, but I'm stoked, pretty cool to see mother nature to find a way to create new life like that.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Compost pile wasn't wet when I did the defoliation. We have hade a lot of rain move in a day or two after and I guess it was the right conditions for them to take root. Either the strain is quite resilient, my compost has the right natural nutes for rooting or I'm just super lucky. I did throw some used aloe stock in the pile middle of summer because we had sun burn but that was at least 2 months ago and it was a small amount. Idk, but I'm stoked, pretty cool to see mother nature to find a way to create new life like that.
Healthy cuts in plain water will root. My first clone was when some stoned visitor broke a branch off a plant I was growing in my dorm room when I was 19. I put it in a glass of water and my plant population increased to 3.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Healthy cuts in plain water will root. My first clone was when some stoned visitor broke a branch off a plant I was growing in my dorm room when I was 19. I put it in a glass of water and my plant population increased to 3.
I know you can put the cutting in a glass of water and it will root. I just didn't think that throwing a couple branches on the compost pile was going to cause it to root. Must have been the perfect conditions for the cutting to do that. The most. I've ever had happen in a compost pile with some of the vegetables. I didn't get all the seeds out and they started growing out of my compost pile but never had any clippings in the last 14 years Start taking root again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom