Has anyone heard of this cure and dry method?

• Thread starter Buckcannon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buckcannon

Today I was talking to a collective owner...he told me he cures and dries his buds in 5 days...

He said that he just hangs his buds in a room with constant air flow and at 65 degrees, and also throws in a dehumidifier and dries out the room and of course no light. I told him no way that works and according to him, some of the Tahoe OG I smoked(which was BOMB) was cured and dried in that fast method. Is this even possible?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

just got done smoking like 2 zips of 5-6 day old OG off the plant

best time to smoke OGs IMO.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Today I was talking to a collective owner...he told me he cures and dries his buds in 5 days...

He said that he just hangs his buds in a room with constant air flow and at 65 degrees, and also throws in a dehumidifier and dries out the room and of course no light. I told him no way that works and according to him, some of the Tahoe OG I smoked(which was BOMB) was cured and dried in that fast method. Is this even possible?
How surprising, 5 days. <rolleyes> Yeah, sure. If he says it's done, it's done.

I'd love to be able to compare the following (of his or anyone's product), and then we can talk:

Bud fresh off the plant and dried overnight​
Bud dried and 'cured' his way​
Bud dried and cured my way​
What's my way? Minimum 1 week dry, the lower the temps the better, at a RH of around 50%, not much lower. Curing is a minimum of 1mo at RH of 60%-65%.

Honestly, I think that so many growers rush this process that not many folks have an opportunity to try properly dried & cured weed, and so don't know what it's like. Just my opinion, of course, but it's also based on the knowledge that the goal of many folks like this is to get that product OUT ASAP, and taking the time that I'm talking about just isn't in the cards.

Nutts

Nutts

It's amazing the difference when its dried properly over time. I kinda feel like running a marathon but stopping two feet before the finish line. Yeah you ran the marathon but you didn't really finish.
My buds hang for week then paper bags for a day or so then to the jars. If its dried in the right environment some dont even really need a cure but it still makes it smoother

Nutts

Nutts

I have heard of the method. I think its called the "Quick dry'n cure so I can sell this shit" system
Lmao. Yeah it is. I personally think it takes so long to grow it right why bother skipping the last most important part. I did read about a quick dry over but that shit is like two grand.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Commercial growers do it all the time and some just hit them with 90 degrees and it's dry in 3 days, re-hydrate and sell, not the best but that's how they make money turn and churn.

Couple other things they do is tumble it or do a quick wash and than sell it on the street. Dam Asian gangs

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

but so whats up with the oils? i understand the whole point of curing so lets not go there, but i feel its more for a shelflife of the nug than anything....

have any of you smoked fresh OG, like when youre trimming it? if you say that 2 month cured OG hits harder than that, your smokin fake OG.

maybe nugs that taste like shit or need those oils activated or whatever need to be cured longer, but nothing gets me more blasted in flower form than like a 3 day off the plant OG (do know im in colorado where is like negative % humidity, LOL)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, I have not smoked fresh OG, or fresh anything since my first grow several years ago. Now, while I'm trimming, I smoke the dried & cured stuff. Of course, if I were growing OG (Oh, Gee, really? What?) then I might try it and then I would come back and tell you my opinion. :) But to this point I have never had a strain that wasn't better after a proper drying and curing, not a one.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

hm, well not to nitpick (cause i have respect for ya,)

but what do you consider "better"?

cause after all, i smoke this shit to get high not for the taste or smell, and its better that way. hahaha

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, well, I smoke too much all day long to really get high, so I'm after the pain-killing effects, and the experience. I want a smooth smoke, I want pleasant flavors, and no aftertaste. So, in those respects it's better (for me).

If I were just smoking to get high, I'd be growing fucking White Widow and shit like that.

shawnskush

shawnskush

hm, well not to nitpick (cause i have respect for ya,)

but what do you consider "better"?

cause after all, i smoke this shit to get high not for the taste or smell, and its better that way. hahaha
more thc-a loses its water molecules and becomes usable thc during the curing process

ttystikk

ttystikk

more thc-a loses its water molecules and becomes usable thc during the curing process

That happens in the first few days. What takes longer in the cure is breaking down chlorophyll which makes for the smoother taste.

Classic Remix hit it in the head; a Colorado cure is upside down, anywhere. Negative humidity, lol- but if it REALLY IS in the single digits a lot, what choice do we have? Trash bags. Seriously, I put bud in them just to slow the drying down a bit. Gotta be real careful not to let them get wet in there.

Jars to cure, but most people want it right away, cure or not.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

but so whats up with the oils? i understand the whole point of curing so lets not go there, but i feel its more for a shelflife of the nug than anything....

have any of you smoked fresh OG, like when youre trimming it? if you say that 2 month cured OG hits harder than that, your smokin fake OG.

maybe nugs that taste like shit or need those oils activated or whatever need to be cured longer, but nothing gets me more blasted in flower form than like a 3 day off the plant OG (do know im in colorado where is like negative % humidity, LOL)

WTF have you been smoking, pull up a seat and have a short read than say your sorry to the nice seamaden, because you could not be more WRONG

Weed gets better as it ages. The reason is that the thca decays and turns into thc the stuff that gets you high. That's why we age our meds because they get better over time. This does not go on forever it last's about 6 to 8 months than stops. I can't even believe were having this discussion with a senior member.

So here is the deal. THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid) is found in abundance in growing and harvested cannabis and is a biosynthetic precursor of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). Wow, this sounds scary like organic chemistry, doesn't it? It is, so for both of our benefits, I’ll give you the dumbed down version.
Research suggests THCA has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects but does not produce the psychoactive effect that make you feel “high”. This “high” is from the cannabinoid THC, of which little if any is found when cannabis is growing or recently harvested.
Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that releases carbon dioxide (CO2). This means a chemical reaction takes place in which carboxylic acids loose a carbon atom from a carbon chain. This process converts THCA to THC, the much loved compound with many medicinal and psychoactive effects. When the cannabis drys, it very very slowly begins to decarboxylate and converts THCA to THC.
The good news is we don’t have to wait years for cannabis to decarboxylate. We can speed things along with a process that is a lot simpler than you might expect. Simply heating dried cannabis to the correct temperature for enough time releases that carbon dioxide and creates THC. Why have so many of you never heard of this before? Decarboxylating takes place without extra effort when cannabis is heated during the act of smoking or vaporizing. It also takes place to some degree when cannabis is cooked into butter or when hash and kief are added to a favorite recipe and then cooked in the oven.
GR4ya

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Ah, well, I smoke too much all day long to really get high, so I'm after the pain-killing effects, and the experience. I want a smooth smoke, I want pleasant flavors, and no aftertaste. So, in those respects it's better (for me).

If I were just smoking to get high, I'd be growing fucking White Widow and shit like that.

Ouch I have some White Rhino going lol :D

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

white rhino, with your strains i can see why youd need a cure.

come to colorado and get a lesson! LOL

not trying to be a dick but all i see you do is copy and paste other peoples hard work, and then proceed to grow ten year old strains giving info on new age ish.... sorry

take this as me being a dick or being honest i couldnt care, but im speaking my opinions not yours. just as you.

funny how the people i know that have real OG's agree with me, and you with your white rhino disagrees, LOL!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

ever thought about the differences in profiles is what may get you high??? possibly the contradictions between certain oils at certain times?

ever curious why OG gets you more blasted as most but test like HALF the thc content as most others???

come on woodsman you should have someone elses hard work saved on that subject somewhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom