Has Anyone Heard Of This?

• Thread starter Sunnyseville
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunnyseville

Sunnyseville

I'm an inside grower so I know nothing about outside growing. I have a friend that is growing outside this year and he has came across some info that told him to push all his plants together. He says they call this the "sea of green" method and it gives more light to the top buds and restricts it from the bottom giving the top buds more size. Common sense tells me this is bad info and the sun can give equal light all around the plant. I am an inside grower so I could be wrong about this method

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah - sea of green is a mostly indoor method that allows you to take advantage of a grow lights limited penetration - generally you would plant 20-25 plants per light and strip everything off the bottoms leaving only the top 4 or 5 branches so that you end up with all tops - the downside of this setup is you need a lot more plants

B

Bud momma

I'm an inside grower so I know nothing about outside growing. I have a friend that is growing outside this year and he has came across some info that told him to push all his plants together. He says they call this the "sea of green" method and it gives more light to the top buds and restricts it from the bottom giving the top buds more size. Common sense tells me this is bad info and the sun can give equal light all around the plant. I am an inside grower so I could be wrong about this method
I run this method all the time, 45 plants per tray, 3 gallon pots.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I know q guy who does a sea of green outside he says look at big ag corn fields and look at how pot growers do it. Who yields more

B

Bud momma

They look like nice chunky buds.

What are they growing in?

What happens if you need to get into the middle of the patch for something? Looks like it would be impossible.
They're growing in ocean forest soil, 3 gallon pot, every tray is set on a heavy duty platform with rollers, very easy to move even after watering, was my own idea, it allows me to utilize all the space in my room there is only 4 feet of non-use space which I utilize 2 walkthrough my trays when I'm watering pruning or spraying... I can move every tray individually... a maximizes yield makes it easy to water and it is the ultimate sea of green

B

Bud momma

They look like nice chunky buds.

What are they growing in?

What happens if you need to get into the middle of the patch for something? Looks like it would be impossible.
The system that I came up with it's only utilize when your watering by hand this is not for drip system. If I go out there and turn on music and Water by hand they seemed to perk up...happy girls. I'm new on the site actually I've never posted on any website with my feeding schedules or how I run my room. I would say I'm a pretty private Grower, what do you think about this and what do you do in your own room I appreciate any feedback

N

Nog

I'm using 14 litre pots which is about 3 gallons.

I'm not using all the space, just a couple of 1k lights down the middle, with space on each side.

Potting mix with some perlite, fertilizers from general garden shop, not specific ones for MJ, and hand watering.

I have them in individual saucers, so I can just pour some water in the saucer and it is drawn up into the pot.

I can't fill the whole room as numbers are an issue around here, if I filled the whole room I would be into the commercial realm of numbers, which would maybe mean jail time if things went south.
I would rather not play those high stakes, just keep it well below the commercial threshhold, and dream of the day I can get back into guerilla growing and put in some serious numbers.

Plus renting, I would not be able to hide a whole room of big pots of plants come landlords inspection time.
I'm happy keeping things on a smallish scale.

Good to see what's possible though.

Last edited:
B

Bud momma

I'm using 14 litre pots which is about 3 gallons.

I'm not using all the space, just a couple of 1k lights down the middle, with space on each side.

Potting mix with some perlite, fertilizers from general garden shop, not specific ones for MJ, and hand watering.

I have them in individual saucers, so I can just pour some water in the saucer and it is drawn up into the pot.

I can't fill the whole room as numbers are an issue around here, if I filled the whole room I would be into the commercial realm of numbers, which would maybe mean jail time if things went south.
I would rather not play those high stakes, just keep it well below the commercial threshhold, and dream of the day I can get back into guerilla growing and put in some serious numbers.
I understand, if your pulling your numbers more power to ya. I never meant to say that you should grow or use the number that I use when it comes to growing, I'm just here for a good time not here for a long time, input is important to give an important to receive...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Don't know nuthin' about rooms or lights;
but this is what my garden has looked like,
same spot for the last 30 years--
PondOfGreen...
1PondOfGreen1

1PondOfGreen2

PondOfGreen

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Outdoors each plant has full light in the majority of gardens I've seen.
Your buddy is trying to help, I'm sure ,but more sunshine equals more buds. Keep them separated.
Best of luck.
Peace
Yea buddy, sounds right to me. SOG is an indoor technique. Sounds to me someone is either confused or passing on erroneous information. :)

Top Bottom