Has anyone heard of Tri Hydroponics?

• Thread starter reddog1923
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reddog1923

I found a Tri Hydroponic grow light for sale. He said it's not working, says it may need a bulb. I can't find anything about the company. Any one know anything about them, can I even get bulbs?

Has anyone heard of tri hydroponics
Has anyone heard of tri hydroponics 2
Has anyone heard of tri hydroponics 3
shortjohnson

shortjohnson

You don’t need to know them just the type and size of light. More often than not unless washed or burned off it’s on the bulb. Ex 400w HPS or the like. Find. Good used bulb from a friend and try that before investing. You can get a decent LED for the same money as a bulb and use a shot load less electricity and $$ for the same results. I do like a warm bulb in winter though. Keeps the garage toasty.

R

reddog1923

You don’t need to know them just the type and size of light. More often than not unless washed or burned off it’s on the bulb. Ex 400w HPS or the like. Find. Good used bulb from a friend and try that before investing. You can get a decent LED for the same money as a bulb and use a shot load less electricity and $$ for the same results. I do like a warm bulb in winter though. Keeps the garage toasty.
Well, it says 1000 watts and it's $10. I don't recognize those long bulbs. I've had MH and HPS systems and those bulbs are different. So it looks like a standard bulb that I should be able to get? If it still don't work everything there should be compatible with other systems? Should be worth 10 bucks

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Bulbs are between 50 and $100. Eventually you will probably go to LED. In my opinion you are better off putting your $70-$100 towards a decent LED. Yeah 10 bucks is a good price if it works. Must have been stolen more times than you can shake a stick at!😁 And one more thing! L O L! You need to bulbs. You have to have a spare. So say you’re in for 120 bucks including tax. You can get a pretty nice brand name LED light for that kind of dough.

Last edited:
R

reddog1923

Thank you, I know your right. I've only used a 100 watt HPS back in the day because of the light penetration and that massive buds. Can you really get the same results with led?

R

reddog1923

Bulbs are between 50 and $100. Eventually you will probably go to LED. In my opinion you are better off putting your $70-$100 towards a decent LED. Yeah 10 bucks is a good price if it works. Must have been stolen more times than you can shake a stick at!😁 And one more thing! L O L! You need to bulbs. You have to have a spare. So say you’re in for 120 bucks including tax. You can get a pretty nice brand name LED light for that kind of dough.
Y'all are right but I hope y'all know you burst my bubble 😞

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
so for $30 you get to see if it works. I'd go for it, but I run HID's in flower

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Might even be able to use a multimeter or continuity checker to see if it works without getting a bulb. 30 bucks isn’t too bad. if it works, you can grow stuff under it. Just looking around some of those fixtures go for a decent amount of money. And have a healthy footprint. So it can’t hurt to look into it some more. Maybe someone who uses them will chime in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom