Has anyone here used a product called Plant-tone?

• Thread starter Mr. Greenjeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr. Greenjeans

Hi all you farmers out there,
I'm new to the forum and I have been browsing around,there is a TON of useful info on this site,thanks for sharing all of your knowledge on growing .
A question for all you growers, has anyone heard of or used a product called Espoma Plant-tone?
It's all organic and very reasonably priced(6.70u.s.) a#5 bag.
Just curious to find out before I try it.
Thanks!

tokinblackguy

tokinblackguy

Espoma Plant Tone 5-3-3

Total Nitrogen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.0%
0.4%. . . . Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.6%. . . . Water Soluble Nitrogen
3.0%. . . . Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
Calcium (Ca) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
Magnesium (Mg). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.0%
0.6%. . . . Water Soluble Magnesium
Sulfur (S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.0%
Derived from: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized
Poultry Manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal,
Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of
Potash Magnesia.
*Contains 3.0% Slow Release Nitrogen.

i would say this a decent all-purpose fert for vegging plants. for blooming, i would try their Tomato-Tone or Flower-Tone. the Bio-Tone starter is pretty good as well and contains mycorrhizae.

I

ismokepot

Espoma make many "tones" along with many additives, etc. They are mainly organic, and alot cheaper to use (since they are not aimed towards the pot grower.) I use their bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, garden lime, etc. with good success.

V

Von

I have never used PlantTone but I have used a lot of Espomas products. Garden Lime, Kelp Meal, Cottonseed Meal etc. All good products.

And I would mix my own from some of these listed. I have had OK success wit the complete ferts but find it is more preciese t use ones separate ad measured by me.

V

M

Mr_SLaTe

i use this stuff regularly in the outdoors...they had it on discount last season for 75% off regular price so i bought them out 30+ bags.....i have enough for the next 5 years...lol

V

Von

i use this stuff regularly in the outdoors...they had it on discount last season for 75% off regular price so i bought them out 30+ bags.....i have enough for the next 5 years...lol

HaHa now that is a lot of nutes to use up. I am a discount shopper also. Good job man.

V

M

Mikado1

I am currently using Tomato tone in my flowering room now. They have only been in there for like 2 wks going 3, so far so good. I just wondering will I have to add more after the 4th week or is it strong enough to keep them going good for the entire cycle?

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have used it. Cheap and effective. I like it. When I used it on my salvia d. it turn the most beautiful color green it has ever been. The outdoor stuff over the summer raged it using plantone and Floranova. I would def use it again.

I

ismokepot

Mikado- It all depends on what nutes where in the origianl soil and how much you added in the earlier feedings. Let the plants tell you when they need fertilizing. Pay attention on a daily basis and when you first start to see some yellowing or lightening up of the leaves, it's time to fertilize. The problem with alot of these organics is that the nutes aren't immediately available to plants. Some are fast releasers of their nutes, others are slow and others are medium. If you need a quick dose of N, try dried blood or fish fertilizer..............

M

mulehunter

I have used it. Cheap and effective. I like it. When I used it on my salvia d. it turn the most beautiful color green it has ever been. The outdoor stuff over the summer raged it using plantone and Floranova. I would def use it again.
I know this is an old post but do you still use this combo nute feed?

Top Bottom