Has Anyone Or Does Anyone Use The Dry Net Racks That Hang??

• Thread starter mauiinfinity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Hey everyone I was givin a few of these and wondering how they work Im a little worried about using them because I never have.. Any tips? I have always just done the old fassion way hang them upside down.. Do the buds smash or flatten being on there sides? Do you leave fan leaves on?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i trim mine down to nuggets then throw them in the rack. come out fine. the only problem them with some is that the top rack taco's so you cant put as much in that level.

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

ok cool thanks ButtaFlave.. What about the myth of hanging your branches upside thus pulling all the resin to the tips of the buds?

420circuit

420circuit

Old hippy myth. Drying slowly is good and there is always discussion about wet trim versus dry trim, but as far as the resin thing, not true. I have not noticed any flat spots or problems using a mosquito netting rack to dry buds, takes 5-7 days here in CO's dry climate.

420circuit

420circuit

This is White Widow drying on a homemade rack covered in mosquito netting from the fabric store. Works great. I trim at harvest, not really leaving any leaves, the fans go to compost or trash and the sugar trim gets dried and made into edible oil. The WW from Seedsman was OK, but their Northern Lights was very good.
WW trimmed 7 24 13 racked buds

urban1026835

urban1026835

i have one i like to dry all my popcorn buds on but not untill they have hung a couple days/ too wet i end up with flat spots.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

i use 3 of the large 4' 4 level ones for drying from htg. been using them for years and never ran into any flat spots or other issues. I flip/move mine around 2x daily also. takes about 4-6 days (6 days max) to be at the point of jar curing.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have noticed flat buds from the screen.
It does help to pop the bottom of the screen to move them around daily.
Then again, I get flat spots from my 5 gallon buckets and Gamma lids from storing.
It really isn't a big deal.

urban1026835

urban1026835

rotation definitely helps on the flat spots, and the couple days hang dry does really help minimize them.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I just cut the big buds up smsller to help w that problem and so they don't get moldy.. nets are fine as long as the room humidity is still fine.
Yes those big cannon strains that are suspect to mold I like to chop up as well!

Latest posts

Top Bottom