Has anyone see. Leaves going like this

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Great white means you are not sterile.

on the next grow I would add bacteria to the system and get it colonizing as early as you get the water stable in the res. Too late now it takes like 45 days to get a proper colony established.

you will likely fight root rot if you do not add bacteria or go sterile which I don’t recommend. This is most likely the cause of your ph fluctuations which can cause this leaf symptom as well as directly limit uptake thru the roots right when you need them most.

after you harvest post up pics of the roots to be sure

also there are a few things you can add to buffer ph. When I get to a pc I’ll look up an example you can buy in Oz. It’s stuff the plant needs anyhow. Not a must when using tap water because there is already some buffering built in.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

yeah sweet. cheers.

i do flush the system out every 7 days and re add the great white into the new nutes . i did have my ph stable for up to about end of week 6 flower- last 2 weeks ive noticed it keeps wanting to drop

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

yeah sweet. cheers.

i do flush the system out every 7 days and re add the great white into the new nutes . i did have my ph stable for up to about end of week 6 flower- last 2 weeks ive noticed it keeps wanting to drop
I have seen this be caused by roots starting to give up the ghost. Great white is part of the picture. Bacteria too. Then enzymes will help clean off dead root tissue.

the good news is you are using GH nutes which are properly chelated so they work even in the absence of bacteria necessary to break down organic nutes into plant usable molecules.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I have seen this be caused by roots starting to give up the ghost. Great white is part of the picture. Bacteria too. Then enzymes will help clean off dead root tissue.

the good news is you are using GH nutes which are properly chelated so they work even in the absence of bacteria necessary to break down organic nutes into plant usable molecules.
mmm would that be why when i did my last 2 flushes bits of shit was comming out the lines . i hadnt seen it till around 2 weeks ago - possibly the breakdown of the roots ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That is my guess nothing to do at this point but ride it out or swap to sterile if you think you have Pythium. You could try to pull on those roots sticking out and they will pull right out if you have root rot.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

That is my guess nothing to do at this point but ride it out or swap to sterile if you think you have Pythium. You could try to pull on those roots sticking out and they will pull right out if you have root rot.
just tried pulling out the roots as you said , nup they wont budge they are locked in and good.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I think ill add the GH Ripen in the next rez change which is in 5 day and run that for a week then look at doing 1 week on the flush with flashclean

jamk911

jamk911

Ive gotten stuff like that from 2 things.. wind burn from fans... and salt buildup from nutes.. but I use soil soo idk.. maybe equal to a ppm issue?

chemistry

chemistry

If the drain holes are blocked you need to unblock them, or your drainage will suffer, this can lead to root rot. If your plants are root bound, then next run with the genetics your using, will need bigger pots.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

If the drain holes are blocked you need to unblock them, or your drainage will suffer, this can lead to root rot. If your plants are root bound, then next run with the genetics your using, will need bigger pots.
Its a different system, actually hydroponic, the buckets are filled with clay pebbles

2Bad

2Bad

Ive gotten stuff like that from 2 things.. wind burn from fans... and salt buildup from nutes.. but I use soil soo idk.. maybe equal to a ppm issue?
2 things I had most of on my first grow lol and I had the same results.. this might be the answer.. ton of wind and salt buildup

Top Bottom