Has anyone used a 24 hour light cycle to flower Autoflowering strains???

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

I ran mine at 20/4 just to be safe. Also decreased lighting last 2 weeks of flowering. They came out pretty nice. Just not my style as they are small and not very potent. One day the real rise of autoflowering plants will come. For me there just small fun plants to grow for the heck of it. Wouldnt pay for lowryders again!

Z

zombywolf

Guys,

24/0 light dark is fine for autoflowering plants. The males show before pistils on other strains come out-give them the bum's rush, and no seeds. Females that autoflower get a head start. Got Matanuska Thunder from Grimm for 10 years-autoflowered every time-did as described-no big deal.

A

Alomelly01

hi i read all of these statments and they all really help me. im also growing some autoflowring dawrf plants. they are doing well i think. im a little confused on when or even if i should change my light cycle at all. ive been having them under 24/0 for about 4 weeks there just starting to show there calyxes. i want to make sure i do this one right so should i keep the 20/0 or should i change it. any suggestions could help.

monkeymun

monkeymun

Interesting idea. Plants do need a dark period however. While you might get them to grow for a while with no dark period, eventually growth will halt.

Have a read of this:

A

Alomelly01

wow thank you that was some great info i never read before. now im really worried because its been four week and my plants flowers are a little big. but since they've been on this light 20/0 now im not sure if i put them in the dark will they stop production. i mean all i want to see them do is get nice buds on them you know. do you think four hours of drak would be enough?

monkeymun

monkeymun

Yes, four hours of dark should be enough. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Walrus

Walrus

ive got some auto #1 and auto pounders on the go im thinking of. doing 24/ for a month then 20/4 for the rest of the time

J

john payne

hi just came across this forum and decided to share one of my tips on autoflower plants,and how I get bigger yields. So what I do is when I first plant seed I start them on 18/6 for about 6 weeks of the recommended time at this time the plant has grown about 2 feet tall and are now starting to put on some weight what I then do is switch light 24/0 and after 2 weeks on 24 the buds really start to stack up I have yielded 156.6 grams of dried buds off one plant and that was northern lights auto. My lights for the first 4 weeks was a 600w metal halide and then 600hps for the rest of the grow. since I started doing it this was I have seen a 30% increase in yield, on 24/0 for the entire grow is what I use to do before and they took 8-10 weeks but starting them on 18/6 adds an extra 2-3 to the grow so if they are strains to finish in 10 weeks then they finish at 12-13 weeks but the time period given by seed banks are based on a 24/0 light schedule

420th Ave

I know that this is a bit of a necro post, but I am planning an experiment soon that may give a bit of quantifiable data for this. I have 40 auto anesthia seeds that I'll be starting within the next week. I am hoping for 24 females ideally. I'm going to grow all of them in 3 gallon Airpots using Growstone GS3 coco mix. Once they are sexed I am going to then separate them into 3 groups. I have a closet that is sufficient size for 8 plants, and that group will get 20/4. I'm then going to split the remaining females between my regular flower room (12/12) and my veg room (24/0). I'll be monitoring and recording height along the way. One question that I have that may seem dumb is this: do autos have an issue with scrogging? If so I may need to rethink the pot size. Also, they will all be getting the same nutrients. I use Xtreme Gardening's Mykos and Azos for beneficial microbes during veg, Canna Coco A&B, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, PK13/14, and Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree (I've done a couple of side-by-side comparisons of the same setup using Canna Boost as directed and with Golden Tree, to find out that Golden Tree produces the same results). I run drain-to-waste, give a weekly flush (I use the heavy feeding schedule from Canna and this eliminates the risk of salt-lock...might be unnecessary but I'd rather blow 12 days per cycle on flushing as a preventive measure rather than deal with stressed or locked plants). They will be run under 1000W HPS using Econowing XL reflectors (1 ballast/reflector/bulb per 4 plants) and kept to an 80F canopy temp in flower. I supplement CO2 during veg (1000ppm) and flower (1500ppm timed to turn off 8 hours into the light cycle to allow the plant to consume enough CO2 during light to properly transpire at night). I'll be putting a tank and regulator into the closet for the 20/4 ones and will keep 1500ppm for 16 hours with 4 hours to consume the CO2 just like my regular flower room. I'm hoping that the lower but constant CO2 supplementation in veg won't invalidate the experiment. I'm considering bumping my veg regulator up to 1500 ppm for the duration of the experiment (suggestions welcome).

S

Smoking4free

Has anyone used a 24 hour light cycle with Autoflowering strains???

Wondering if anyone has finished a cycle growing autoflowering strains using the 24 hr light cycle no darkness? Thanks
I am and have been using 24hr lighting on my autoblooms and using centrum vitamins on them for 3 weekend now and they are thriving better than my last crop. I have not ever tried a grow with out giving it a 1month cycle of 24hr lighting.

L

LeafTucker

Has anyone used a 24 hour light cycle with Autoflowering strains???

Wondering if anyone has finished a cycle growing autoflowering strains using the 24 hr light cycle no darkness? Thanks

I have and would highly, highly, highly recommend giving it a go; you won't go back. I started on 18/6 for 4 weeks, then 24/24 for 8 weeks; went from 15 oz per m2, to 25 oz per m2.....
BUDS THICKER, DENSER, HEAVIER, FURTHER DOWN TOO; virtually no popcorn

Top Bottom