Has Anyone Used Bestva 2000w Led?

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

Hi all

I’m wrapping up my first outdoor grow and I’m looking to try an indoor set up for the first time.

I’m considering a 5’x5’ tent and would like to go LED for energy cost and ease. (Heat, etc.)

I’ve tried researching lights, and the information is conflicting and overwhelming. I’m thinking about trying a Bestva 2000W full spectrum L.E.D. Has anyone used these or know if they’re decent lights?

My GF is trying to purchase this as a b-day gift for me with a budget around $1000.

So I’m trying to put together an entire set up, within that range.

Tent, Lights, and vent system

Any other possible tried and true suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance

F

FutureGrower

I haven't looked into this specific light but I can tell you that you probably do not want to use it. For $1000 and a 5x5 space you are going to be struggling quite a bit I think.

If you go LED go with good technology. You can spend a bunch upfront and purchase units like a quantum board, or you can build your own LED setup using one of these.

led strips (Samsung or bridgelux strips)

Cobs: bridgelux, and cree are the big names

But more likely than not for the price range you'll be going with ceramic metal halide (CMH's, they are also commonly called LEC's same technology.)

Here. If you wanna learn go on youtube and watch some of growmau5 videos and learn the basics. Go on the forum he commonly references then ask for advice after that.

If not just buy some CMH's. They arent as efficient and run alot hotter but they work great. Stay away from hps/mh in my opinion.

Phylex

Phylex

I haven't looked into this specific light but I can tell you that you probably do not want to use it. For $1000 and a 5x5 space you are going to be struggling quite a bit I think.

If you go LED go with good technology. You can spend a bunch upfront and purchase units like a quantum board, or you can build your own LED setup using one of these.

led strips (Samsung or bridgelux strips)

Cobs: bridgelux, and cree are the big names

But more likely than not for the price range you'll be going with ceramic metal halide (CMH's, they are also commonly called LEC's same technology.)

Here. If you wanna learn go on youtube and watch some of growmau5 videos and learn the basics. Go on the forum he commonly references then ask for advice after that.

If not just buy some CMH's. They arent as efficient and run alot hotter but they work great. Stay away from hps/mh in my opinion.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That would probably be your best bet. You can get a pretty nice light setup for a grand. Tents are a dime a dozen. Just get a decent ventilation system to go with it and you’re all set.

F

FutureGrower

I wonder if it would be better just to have her buy a light with the budget.

It seems like that’s the biggest expense. I could always purchase everything else.

Yeah I couldn't agree more lots of options in that price range, but depends on his total budget too

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I am not sure about where you live, but you can check with your closest hydro store and see if they sell used gear. Used tents and fans in good condition can often be bought at a good price and equipment from good companies will last a while. This should help you stay within a budget.

F

FutureGrower

I am not sure about where you live, but you can check with your closest hydro store and see if they sell used gear. Used tents and fans in good condition can often be bought at a good price and equipment from good companies will last a while. This should help you stay within a budget.

Ebay craigslist or any of those letgo type of apps as well. But if your not in a legal state I have heard of FBI hanging around hydro stores, no clue of the validity of the claim but food for thought

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Ok so the thing with LEDs is its heavily reliant on spectrum. Some will say full spectrum but a lot of times that just means visible spectrum. So blue light will make your plant grow more compact however it takes more power to generate blue light. Blue light is important in growing stem structure or fiber for your plant. Red light takes the same amount of electricity to generate but the diode is more intense. So what you'll want to do is find an led that sports an adjustable spectrum and also has Uva and Uvb. UVA and uvb have been shown to increase trichome production during flower. Do some research on how spectrum affects your plant and that will open up led lights a bit more for you

Phylex

Phylex

Thank you to everyone for contributing all of the feedback. After researching and visiting my local hydro store, I've come full circle and decided I'm just going to bite the bullet and run 1000w HPS. It's funny how the one bulb I was trying to avoid, ended up being the choice I went with. Hopefully all goes well on my first indoor grow.

F

FutureGrower

Ok so the thing with LEDs is its heavily reliant on spectrum. Some will say full spectrum but a lot of times that just means visible spectrum. So blue light will make your plant grow more compact however it takes more power to generate blue light. Blue light is important in growing stem structure or fiber for your plant. Red light takes the same amount of electricity to generate but the diode is more intense. So what you'll want to do is find an led that sports an adjustable spectrum and also has Uva and Uvb. UVA and uvb have been shown to increase trichome production during flower. Do some research on how spectrum affects your plant and that will open up led lights a bit more for you

Actually higher kelvins are generally more efficient. In COBs for example their base diodes are often something like 4000 or 5000 Kelvin, and then they add phosphor layers to reach the desired Kelvin rating.
Thank you to everyone for contributing all of the feedback. After researching and visiting my local hydro store, I've come full circle and decided I'm just going to bite the bullet and run 1000w HPS. It's funny how the one bulb I was trying to avoid, ended up being the choice I went with. Hopefully all goes well on my first indoor grow.

You did good man. No sense in spending a bunch of money on a new hobby, theres always the ability to upgrade if you find out growing is for you!

Phylex

Phylex

Actually higher kelvins are generally more efficient. In COBs for example their base diodes are often something like 4000 or 5000 Kelvin, and then they add phosphor layers to reach the desired Kelvin rating.

You did good man. No sense in spending a bunch of money on a new hobby, theres always the ability to upgrade if you find out growing is for you!

Thanks for the kind words future and taking the time to provide your feed back. It's been greatly appreciated.

F

FutureGrower

Thanks for the kind words future and taking the time to provide your feed back. It's been greatly appreciated.

No worries at all man congrats on your new setup and I hope you fall in love with growing!

Nephelem32

Nephelem32

Received 313960312527833
Received 719201741776412
Received 496283924201534
Bestva 1500w I bought in July. Pictures are 28 days into flower does a 3x3 w sog 2 plants at 24inchs. Coco/perlite/vermiculite, base hydro nutes ++
20181016 230729

Nephelem32

Nephelem32

Nice first post. Hello Bestva representatives! Hope you are having a good day :)
Nope, just a dude who bought a light 3 months ago. Saw the brand that I bought on Amazon in the new threads and thought i would download some knowledge. Knowledge received...We all learned nothing we did not already know. Except, your paranoid:)

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

If you budget is $1000 and you want led due to electric cost and heat in mind I would definitely go with a cob light setup. There’s a guy on here who has a setup with them and from what I’ve seen on his grow they do amazingly well. I have 1500w of led grow lights but I’m gonna switch over to cobs on my next grow.

Top Bottom