Has anyone used higromite?

• Thread starter ronvmpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I just got this stuff. Heard it was rich in silicone. They guy was so stoked he gave me a discount on the stuff. Which made me kinda nervous. Any info would be awesome. Peace.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Wash it really good. Yes it is high in silica. I used it in veg but never tried it in flower. The plants that used higromite were growing much faster than the ones in hydroton.

Hope you have good luck with it.

B

BoCo Buds

Wash it really good.

got a bag to play with w they first got in the stores... i gave up o flushing it... the run-off was so high... couldn't bring myself to put it in a recirc because of this. seemed to just continually give off small particles... does it bottom out at some point & run like gro-rocks?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
got a bag to play with w they first got in the stores... i gave up o flushing it... the run-off was so high... couldn't bring myself to put it in a recirc because of this. seemed to just continually give off small particles... does it bottom out at some point & run like gro-rocks?

wash it really good and then do it again. yes similar to hydroton.

higromite requires more washing to get the dust out of all the nook and crannies in the rocks.

B

BigCountry

Excellent hydroponic medium, also great mixed with coco for aeration.
Fairly expensive as a medium compared to Hydroton.
Heavy as shit.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

The citral skunk I have cookin in the stuff is taking off. They seem to distribute water very well. I was gonna try 50/50 hydro/higro but the guy gave me this for so cheap. I'll post you guys a pic later. Along with ph.

P.S. I washed the shit outta of it and it started hissing. Good thing? I figured its air escaping the rocks.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

She's really perked up in the last day. I'm thinking i love this stuff.

DSCN1797

Latest posts

Top Bottom