Has anyone used light deprivation for 48 hours to force flower?

• Thread starter skinnypuppy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I was having a conversation with an indoor grower she says she light deprives her plants for 48 hours before switching to a 12/12 schedule and suggested I might try the same. I was wondering if the same technique would work for an outdoor grow, or would it just stress the shit of them. I know we are still a month and a half away from the sept equinox and plants are starting to stretch and getting ready to set. So my question is to anyone who has tried this and what your experience was and what technique did you use?
My initial thinking would be they would just stress and screw the photoperiod up so I am hesitant to go out on this gamble.
I posted another thread about moving the plants into a dark room every evening to force 12/12 but I can't guarantee that I will be around every day at those times to stick to that schedule. Any help or insight on this would be appreciated.

VinnieV

VinnieV

Not too sure about outdoor but I do this indoors, not compared enough but do seem to notice earlier onset of buds forming by a few days when I do this

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

you dont need to put them in darkness for 48 hours no evidence that says it helps or hurts only speculation. if your gonna give them 12-12 artificially then you better not miss a day until the days outside are 12 and 12. once you start you cant stop. I love pringles too

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

think of how many tens thousands of plants got destroyed by hurricane Ida. who would ever choose to live in Louisiana. you know your living on borrowed time down thurr

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I was having a conversation with an indoor grower she says she light deprives her plants for 48 hours before switching to a 12/12 schedule and suggested I might try the same. I was wondering if the same technique would work for an outdoor grow, or would it just stress the shit of them. I know we are still a month and a half away from the sept equinox and plants are starting to stretch and getting ready to set. So my question is to anyone who has tried this and what your experience was and what technique did you use?
My initial thinking would be they would just stress and screw the photoperiod up so I am hesitant to go out on this gamble.
I posted another thread about moving the plants into a dark room every evening to force 12/12 but I can't guarantee that I will be around every day at those times to stick to that schedule. Any help or insight on this would be appreciated.
When you are flowering for 60 - 75 days a couple of extra dark days is insignificant. If you think it will help go for it but it won't make a bit of difference in the end product.

sandune

sandune

When I lived up in Alaska we HAD to darken the greenhouse! 22 hours of sun! Lived off grid and used heavyweight, thick tarps. We ALWAYS sexed plants prior so we wouldn't waste time on males. we would do 48 hours of 100% dark to speed this up!

BDH420

BDH420

When I lived up in Alaska we HAD to darken the greenhouse! 22 hours of sun! Lived off grid and used heavyweight, thick tarps. We ALWAYS sexed plants prior so we wouldn't waste time on males. we would do 48 hours of 100% dark to speed this up!
So Awesome. I always wanted to move out there and start a homestead. My grandparents used to rv it up there every year for slalom fly-fishing. My grandfathers Slalom Flys where a thing of art. He used to make his own rods also. I do miss him a ton.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How did you sex them early?

BudBogart

BudBogart

think of how many tens thousands of plants got destroyed by hurricane Ida. who would ever choose to live in Louisiana. you know your living on borrowed time down thurr
As I read this I am hunkered down in my home under mandatory evacuation for the past 17 days due to raging forest fires with the National Guard posted at the end of my road preventing anyone back into our properties once we leave. Gotta keep the girls watered! Nah, I’ve gotta give Louisiana a pass this time.

sandune

sandune

How did you sex them early?
Force them to show sex 12/12 and then reveg them with 22 hours of sunlight. Then had to cover them each night in flower to finish them. Indoors with a tent and lights on timers is SOOOO much easier!

Top Bottom