Has Anyone Used Smart Outlets As A Controller?

• Thread starter LI grows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LI grows

LI grows

This might be my next move. I wonder if they're available for a 20amp. The timers im using now are only rated for 15amps so each light needs a separate timer.

40BRIX

40BRIX

I used an old PC with windows 95 and a script to an apc 8 outlet controller to control some homemade solenoids to power my 220v 1000w ballasts. Worked like a charm after I figured out how to get everything running.

My problem was the 15 amp circuits, so I had to build the solenoids, buying prebuilt was too expensive for me...

Never saw any 20 amp smart outlets.

Download
D

Duder

I built a contactor panel using contactors similar to these http://www.amazon.com/Packard-C240A-Contactor-Pole-Voltage/dp/B008GVSKU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1457040915&sr=8-2&keywords=contactor. ////////I just noticed this particular contactor is for 24v, using the normal digital plug in timers, you would need contactors that close when 120 is applied.

Right now all my lighting is controlled with one basic wall timer, it sure beats trying to sync up 4-5 different timers. The timer can be linked to several contactors. So no worries about high amperage melting a 15A timer. Also have my environment controls set up the same way.
I am building a master time clock out of an arduino to control everything based on the exact conditions of the room and also time. The parts are super cheap.. A controller custom to my needs can be made for 40 bux in parts and a crash course in coding, I went to school for electrical engineering and have been working as an electrician for years.

Last edited:
LI grows

LI grows

Got this yesterday. Rated for 1500 watts. Took a while to get it setup.
Its got a lot of potential. gonna try it with fan first. It can run a schedule, would be nice if i can write a batch file and add or subtract a few minutes each day, start my seed chamber with 8 hours dark then add a few minutes each day until theyre in sync with veg chamber. With 1 on each light i can simulate sunrise, that might save some electric. I can coordinate my exhaust and CO2. A lot of potential. Gotta see if it holds a program when theres a power outage or loses connection. Just one for now.
$30 at home depot.
Unknown 13

Top Bottom