• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is the link. http://sanctuarysoil.com/

I was curious if anyone here has tried any of their products out and what your opinion was of the quality and efficacy of their stuff. Please post your experience, good or bad. Thanks

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I just bought 4 yards of EWC, 2 yards of lava, couple bags Dr. Earth home grown and some bags of Happy Farm. Guy delivered out to my area for only 75$. Haven't got my newest soil tests back to show just how good the castings were, but everything seemed to be of high quality. I would recommend these guys for sure.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I've run Big City and it did well.. Pretty airy and drained well.. Dutchman coco and the worm castings are good too.

We switched to Plagron coco / Perlite at 50/50 ratio and crush it now though. Not saying it's the coco but we've had consistently good runs with the plagron/perlite 50/50. Knock on wood ;)

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

And those Hulu pots this guy sells actually work. We met the nut case who runs this company years ago and he told us to scratch up the inside of our hard plastic pots with a wire brush and we did. Sure as shit we got root growth like never before. It seems that naturally in a regular plastic pot with smooth sides the roots grow laterally, hit the sides of the pot, grow downwards and start spiraling around the bottom of the pot. These Hulu pots (and the scratching) create a rough surface that causes the root to shoot back laterally rather than grow down the smooth sides of the pot. This causes the roots to populate nearly the entire pot versus a few select places. I don't know how or why it works but it works. Maybe the roots are pruned or like somehow redirected but something happens and you get significantly more root growth in the middle parts of your media. We've cut open root balls and you can clearly see the difference. Worth checking out. I'll see if I can find some pics

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice.......... thank you guys. I appreciate your taking the time. I'm going to give that hulu pot and the method you described @DirtySanchez . Appreciate the tip!!!

Top Bottom