Has Anyone Used These Nutes For Rdwc Before

• Thread starter Kannabiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.X

Mr.X

I dont grow RDWC, but those are good nutes. Floraliscious + is a humic acid N diamond nectar is a fulvic acid. Both are great ADDITIVES but not stand alone nutes. Silica plays a major role in nutrient uptake via the phloem (stem) it strengthens and increases flexibility in the stem., should you pursue supercropping or bending it'll help. Also aids with heat stress N tolerance. All are excellent additives but you need a base. Try GH flora series. ( micro, grow, bloom) that and the additves you mentioned + a calmag supplement should be all you need. Calimagic is great. Be careful with the floraliscious plus though, its easy 2 burn yer ladies with it. Dont go above 1/4 tsp per gl. Good luck.

sixstring

sixstring

i have used the silica blast.be carefull in hydro it will raise ph alot in r/o water or any cleaner water.even when i mixed all my other stuff first and got to around 800-1000ppm the sb still raised ph alot

lino

lino

voodoo - -Botanicare Silica Blast - another rip off in the cannabis nute industry...
I have hard time proving that silica base nute have any effect on cannabis (dicot) as far as our dicot beneficial concerns . In fact a fellow student pointed out in his experiment with RAW products (SILICA) that the package label states:
"This product offers no benefit to dicot plants": rite on the front of the package.

Monocots are entirely different story, silica is the Bomb!, Made our corn sweeter. My lawn turned blue-violet.

With all this science data presented "I have a bag silica and I use it on my plants, and I believe in God and aliens and knew they were full of shit when they told me I came from a monkey.... and I still use molasses.

true dicot silica science experiment:
dicot plants did not appear to absorb and translocate supplemental silicon into plant tissues to exhibit a response, which is common among many dicots

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

Thanx for the input ya'll. Hydroponics is very crucial that you get the right nutes n get everything dial in correctly. Anyone who are familiar with hydro knows PYTHIUM is plague.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Allrighty lino, lmao.... yo kanabiz i forgot last night to tell you to be very careful when mixing your nutrient solution. Si should always, and i do mean A L W A Y S, as in every single time !!! mix the Si first and dilute it and stir b4 adding any other nute or it will precipitate your solution. Its finicky like that, you can tell if the batch went sour because it'll kinda clump up in there and it will seem like many tiny jellyfish blobs are in the water. If you use ot after this chemical reaction has occurred it will bind to the roots suffocating the parts that are covered by it even causing lockout like conditions. Howeverthe benefits outweigh this risk wich can be easily avoided by being careful as you should be always anyways. So, good luck in all your future endeavors and just ask and read in you'll be fine in no time. PEACE.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

the batch went sour because it'll kinda clump up in there and it will seem like many tiny jellyfish blobs are in the water. If you use ot after this chemical reaction has occurred it will bind to the roots suffocating the parts that are covered by it even causing lockout like conditions.

This actually happened to me before and I had kept using it and thought it was ok, thanx for the heads up..

Mr.X

Mr.X

Yeah, it sucks because nutes are expensive man. Get yourself a good base. You know macro and micro nutrients. If your kinda new @ this get a 2 part system. You know A n B systems. GH has a line called flora nova thats pretty good. And remember with RDWC your going to need a chiller to keep the water at optimal level and oxygenated. Insulate the pot and all of your tubing.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Oh... house and garden, the dutch company has an excellent AnB line aswell. Listen theres a guy on youtube thats the best RDWC guy out there you should check out his posts and channels. His handle is HYGROHYBRID, trust me once you check his shit out you will definitely be thanking me. Dudes a true MASTER ! peace.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

Oh... house and garden, the dutch company has an excellent AnB line aswell. Listen theres a guy on youtube thats the best RDWC guy out there you should check out his posts and channels. His handle is HYGROHYBRID, trust me once you check his shit out you will definitely be thanking me. Dudes a true MASTER ! peace.

Yawp, been following him for awhile now. His scrog game is insane along with rdwc

Mr.X

Mr.X

Yawp, been following him for awhile now. His scrog game is insane along with rdwc
Ok, ok yeah the man knows his shit. I haven't subscribed cuz u gotta pay 4 his premium channel but theres plenty of old stuff that's really informative. He's got another channel thats free. Its called hygromedicinal check it out.

lino

lino

GH aint what it used to be... in the 70s before DBA GH and even in the 80's there GH chemical line was stellar. I think the EPA came down on them, shit would blow shit up with awesome hormone accelerator that I cant find on any of grow store shelves.

Drop the dam res drain plug in a barrel of brand new GH nutes, 1980's. You plunge your arm in there and pull it out and you have sunburn glow on that arm detailing just how deep you reached in. wash and wash before you realized. store bought nutes dont give you the sunburn look no more, store bought stuff is lame nowdays....

Mr.X

Mr.X

GH aint what it used to be... in the 70s before DBA GH and even in the 80's there GH chemical line was stellar. I think the EPA came down on them, shit would blow shit up with awesome hormone accelerator that I

cant find on any of grow store shelves.

Drop the dam res drain plug in a barrel of brand new GH nutes, 1980's. You plunge your arm in there and pull it out and you have sunburn glow on that arm detailing just how deep you reached in. wash and wash before you realized. store bought nutes dont give you the sunburn look no more, store bought stuff is lame nowdays....
I fear It's only gonna get worse bro. GH was recently sold to none other than SCOTTS, yeah !!! Scotts from superturf lawn food and shit. The owners daughter married scotts son. They even threw in they're economy line vermicrop for free. Believe that shit? Im still fuckin with they're nutes just because its what i know. Been fuckin with them for over a decade. I like the control the flora series gives me over each particul as r nute and how i can adjust it according to my plants needs. Definitely not 4 the newb, but if you get it downpacked you can really manipulate the ladies as you wish. Lmao. .. PEACE !!!

S

Seed Buyer

I would drop the GH Diamond and get Bio Ag's Ful Power. It a way better quality Fulvic Acid.

F

FooDoo

Fulvic and Si do absolutely nothing in RDWC other than complicate things.

I ran protekt si and mad farmers fulvic, ended up dropping both after one run.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

Fulvic and Si do absolutely nothing in RDWC other than complicate things.

I ran protekt si and mad farmers fulvic, ended up dropping both after one run.

thanx for the heads up FooDoo, when you mention complication with these two nutes, can you be more details to why it made you drop both after one run

F

FooDoo

thanx for the heads up FooDoo, when you mention complication with these two nutes, can you be more details to why it made you drop both after one run

I stopped using the fulvic first. After doing a bunch of searching on these and other boards , I came to the understanding that fulvic acid is best applied to act as a chelating agent. In soil this makes nutrients more available, in hydro or coco, all our nutes are already chelated so its literally doing nothing. As for the complications that arised from using mad dad's, it was an extremely powerful ph down which I didn't need it to do. So I'd have to ph up, however the ph up would react with the protekt Si and cause the mix to cloud permanently. (I know ph up in any solution turns cloudy for a second and then goes clear, this wasn't the same situation) Since Si has to be added first because of how it can react with nutrients, and fulvic needs to be added to nutrients to chelated them, that means the only proper way about mixing was SI -> base (plus any additives) -> fulvic to chelate the stew . simply put you don't even need it to begin with in hydro .

So then I'd just use protekt + base. However id have to mix my add backs in a separate bucket then dump them into the system. Si is a powerful ph up. So if you add Si into a nutrient mix it'll shoot your ph from 5.0 to 10.0+ instantly. This would also cause cloudyness because Si is reactive over 8.0 ph. (Thus why ph up ruins a mix after Si is already added)

So I'd take a bucket of RO. Add protekt. Ph down from 10.0 to 6.2. Then add base which brought it down to 5.8. Nutrient mix stays Crystal clear. You can continue to ph down safely to whatever youd like.

Then I'd dump the bucket slowly into the RDWC system as an addback ontop of the current mix .

And I didn't see any added benefits. I use growstone grow rocks made from 100% recycled glass and they say those release Si into the water anyway

Top Bottom