Has bud gotten less dense overall in thd past 10 years? Less pgr's?

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

Was talking to my friend yesterday about how he was my first smoking buddy. We got on the subject of the buds we used to smoke the good, the bad, the ugly. We both agree the overall the "quality" buds we got here in socal used to be way more dense more often. Anyone else notice that indoor buds 5-10 years ago used to be way dense? And was this because of the use of pgr's(plant growth regulators)?

Discuss

irishboiii

irishboiii

Interesting topic, now that you mention it even here in Ireland the buds have become much more airy compared to 10 years ago when I was a teen.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Gsc is the most dense strain in my garden.

I think people throwing packs in vacuum sealers to tighten up their buds is becoming a thing of the past

Fuck vacuum sealers
GSC is pretty next level dense agreed. I mostly mean it seems buds used to be a bit more dry and rock solid in general. So far suggested -more novice growers/eager beaver harvests, -less pgrs on the market (I still think this has some merit) and -squish dried buds/vacuum compacted.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I still have strains that grow really dense, but I also think it has a lot to do with what's popular nowadays and how those strains have effected the overall breeding gene pool. Or maybe because 10 years ago outdoor could still be sold to clubs in Cali. Who knows?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Bud density is strain dependent! A lot more peeps breeding and growing out sativas nowadaze can be factored into thee equation too! But @true grit strikes the hammer right on the nail, too many novice growers and eager beavers nowadaze .....almost every time I hit a grow store there's a noob or noob couple in there buying a grow light ....these are the people pushing the garbo and sadly bringing the prices down for the peeps with the better buds. Not as many connoisseur smokers that prefer quality meds as there are "quantity buyers/smokers" ...you know the peeps that love to smoke quality buds but always buy or have low grade buds in their possession.

Hope no one takes this personal but vacuum sealing and PGRs are for cheaters! Whole mess of peeps don't even know what unmolested buds look like .....seeing it all the time, if it's not smashed, pressed, or rolled together the majority of peeps don't want it. And really, how good can smoking something that dramatically alters the structure of the plant be for us?
We might as well welcome Monsato with open arms!!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Always thought not only strain but distance from light made buds airy? is there anything to this?

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Always thought not only strain but distance from light made buds airy? is there anything to this?
Distance from light/light intensity will have some effect IMO, environmental factors will also have a big effect on resin content and density. I think Symbiote420 and others are dead on...too many people in this to make a quick buck and have no idea, and in most cases really don't give a shit, about taking a plant at peak potency but rather take it as soon as they possibly can. Its called patience. MGG

Camdawg

Camdawg

Damn I really thought I was onto something with my less use of pgrs theory.

straincreation

straincreation

Ok I guys I get that there alot of novice growers popping up like starbucks nowaanddays but I really dont think there are growers in that catagory moving actual weight. I mean I sold pounds and pounds, bought to . You just have to be picky I would say the dense buds are there and theres always a market. Same for the airy buds theres always a market. Your supplier is to blame settling for quantity over quality. In his eyes its gonna sell regardless. But if noob growers are moving weight that is getting out in the masses to the gen pop. Then thats on the supplier for settling.
Point being is that there is and has always been airy shit all around. Usually it was made into hash, oils etc. But now with the market as low as it is, competing with despensaries and growers who do commercial. Who only do business with dispensary, despensaries that are booming with business selling out of the dank and picking up whatever to meet the markets needs. Same goes on the black market even worse because alot of growers that were supplying them have mived to the legal side and all the product is pretty much accounted for.
Anyways just IMO I dont think its the genes being watered down, although that is relevant and among us. There genetics that will get you what you want.
Ive had rock solid nugs since 07 and havent stopped since if you get my drift. Alot will come and go but only the dense will survive. :)

Hapoy farmin;)

Top Bottom