Hash oil made from pipe resin

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deadcat

deadcat

Has anyone ever tried making BHO hash from pipe resin? Or using it along with trim/buds/stems? From my understanding it is only the THC that sticks to the butane and comes out, I'm curious to see if anyone's experimented with this, and what the outcome was?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Zoinks, I think you need a Scooby Snack. Take care and be well

mal

Graywolf

Graywolf

Yes, we routinely recover the resin from our oil pipes and I have recovered the resin from a bud pipe. Recovery from a bud pipe takes extra work to clean it up so that it doesn't taste like an ash tray, and it may still contain the cacogenic byproducts created by pyrolysis.

What I did was dissolve the resin in denatured alcohol and then mix with hexane and salt water, before separating in a separatory funnel, and evaporating away the hexane.

It produced a light yellow resin, which I had to redissolve again in denatured and filter through activated charcoal to get rid of all the ashtray flavor.

A fun experiment, but I don't recommend smoking anything because of the free radicals that are created, and reclaiming it to burn it again, only concentrates them.

Here is more information on how we did it:

To put this process into perspective, I once collected all of my pipe bowl scrapings and roaches until I had about a pint of them, and dumped that into the container of black denatured alcohol, that I had been cleaning my pipes in.
I shook the mixture well and let it soak for a day to extract the material from the roaches and scrapings, before straining it through a wire strainer and then a coffee filter.
Because I didn’t want to mess up a separatory funnel with the black foul smelling mess, I poured the solution in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag, to which I added equal amounts of water and hexane.
After shaking it well, I hung it from one corner, to let it stratify, and after it had, I clipped off the lower corner of the Ziploc bag, and by pinching it, and controlling the bleed rate, I was able to bleed off the water, alcohol, and emulsion layer, so that only the now gold hexane solution remained.
I filtered the hexane and poured that into a Pyrex pie plate, which I blew air over with a fan to evaporate off. Attached are pictures of the amber oil that I extracted.
While the black color was gone, slight ashtray undertones could still be tasted, so further refining was necessary with activated charcoal, but we will cover that as a separate subject.
I am not suggesting this process for reclaiming ashtrays, but simply to make a point.
Taken from:http://skunkpharmresearch.com/getting-the-green-and-waxes-out-afterwards/

Reclaimed resin 1
Improptu separation
skuzz99

skuzz99

dam...u wud hav 2 b desperate

decent job u did on it graywolf. wud still be pretty sketchy about carcinogenic byproducts but thats a risk of smokin!

Y

yessir

Yes, I used to do it all the time with 99% isopropyl alcohol. Just remember you'll never be able to remove the bong poop taste!!! It's the same process or "Rick Simpson" oil back in the day just make sure you freeze everything before you start. Also, you'll probably never be able to remove all carcinogens either!!!

Things you need:
Dirty pipe/bong/dab rig
99% iso alcohol
Coffee filters
2 jars or cups large enough for your collection
Pyrex or dish you don't mind ruining
Razer blades
I pot to boil water
A stove(not gas!!! Very important!!!)
A freezer
Something to collect oil

Process:
1.Freeze alcohol(not resin)
2. Place resin in jar
3. Pour alcohol in jar just enough to cover maybe 1 cm above resin
4. Gently agitated resin in alcohol till dissolved
5. Place 1 cover filter over on other jar
6. Pour resin liquid and poop into coffee filter
7. Allow all liquid to drain through filter to the bottom of the new jar
8. Take pot and fill with water then start to boil water, once boiling turn heat down
9. Place dish or pyrex on boiling pot make sure very little steam is escaping from pot
10. Pour resin liquid into dish
11. Allow alcohol to boil off then remove dish from pot
12. Use Razer blade to scape oil from dish and put in collection jar or wax paper your choice
13. Place oil collection in freezer overnight(atleast 8-12 hours)
14. Remove from freezer and allow it to reach room temp
15. Boil another pot of water and place dish on pot
16. Place collection on pyrex(preferably on wax paper)
17. Watch as bubble form in your wax and pop(that's alcohol being removed from oil), all this to happen until no more bubbles as you gradually lower heat
18. Place collection in freezer again for 8 hours
19. Repeat step 17 until zero bubbles or until bubbles are no longer noticable l(remember you'll never be able to remove all chemical no matter how many times you repeat, you'll most likely reduce the alcohol to a low enough lever that it'll burn up instantly when you put your oil on a hot dab nail or put a flame to it)
20. Collect oil

What you should be left with is a semi brown oil, I've never got a wax from this only a brown oil. It'll never taster "good", I've got it to taste like a wood mixed with a light not sweet tobacco many times. The best way to explain the taste is like the last few puffs of a cigar or the bottom of a tobacco pipe that has like 2 hits left.
Does it get you "high"......"yes", it won't last as long and take a a little longer to hit your peak, I always found myself taking allot more dabs then reaching the peak then dropping fast, this goes for reclaim from a dab rig too. I'd recommend this if you're in a pinch or got a shit load of resin but don't let this become something you dab or use right as it's done being made. Sit on it and save it for a rainy day. Make it into a oil instead resmoking bong poop through your pipe, this process will get rid of some of the unhealthy shit but dabbing it will ensure you avoid the carcinogens even more. I do recommend part of the storage process should always be the freezer this will make it easier to use it'll taste better.
You don't need a fancy stupid to do this just a kitchen or hotplate and some time!!!
-Enjoy-

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
For all those that didn't catch it... it's just a bowl poop covered in fairy dust(keif)🤣🤣🤣
So I would share this with "frienemies" or... sometimes you smoke a little too much of harvest and only have like 1 or 2 weeks to go....this is how i make it for those couple of weeks

Y

yessir

Try my Pluto rocks
I've done that before but the natural Tar that will sizzle like crazy. I always got scared when I heard pops inside of my bowl because it gets so hot from the tar heating.
I guess it would make more sense if you just added more kief cuz that would cut down on the sizzle. But that's the problem when you're smoking tar it doesn't stop burning, you'll only get about two or three Good Hits off of it.

memnoch

memnoch

Once when I was a teenager I soaked a ball of resin in 91percent alcohol. I let it sit for about a week. The resin tasted so much better and cleaner. Personally I like resin. I like to shove some bud n a pipe I have and then smoke through it til the bud inside is pure black. Than smoke the black
gew buds.

Top Bottom