• Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

needin a few things
looking for

3 600 watt ballasts
2 6" coolable hoods
any sized tents smaller than 10 x 10 LOL
6" filter (room is only 7x7 so any 6" will basically work, thing is i hate buying them because i can make one for under 50$, but if there is one available id rather save the work time and help out a friend)

please dont give me the 1k speech i have 7' ceilings sucka, i dont need that headache haha.

if you have any of this laying around and dont need or are lookin to grab somethin else.... maybe a good time to pawn it off on me. haha. holler. downtown.... mile high area.

if this is against terms please just delete, dont wanna deal with weirdos on craigslist, meetin in cars n shit.... how the fuck am i supposed to test a 600 watt ballast when we're at a fuckin park dude. LOLOLOL

CR

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah or how about the year old 600 w MAGENTIC for 110$
amazon has brand new quantum 600's for like 135 140 w shipping...

are people on fucking crack or what

summitoker

summitoker

600 watters are the most efficient when comparing power used to lumens produced. The best prices I have found lately were at growannex.com....used ballasts are a gamble.

summitoker

summitoker

I see a quantum 600 at plantlightinghydroponics.com for 139 but with shipping the amazon place is still best price...

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

just found ebay 134.00 brand new includes shipping..... going to try and make an offer for 3

Dunge

Dunge

.......hell I prefer cheap hps n mh bulbs from lowes too over most the hyped grow shit I just change um more often cuz they cost about a 1/3rd ....
How do you decide when a bulb needs changing?
I have a cheep light meter, but getting good data out of it is a problem.
Can visual inspection of the bulb inform a replacement time?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Basically after time past is what I do, you can attempt to go another round with them but sometimes you yield less and wish you had new bulbs. It really differs from person to person and what your end goals are but I change bulbs after 9-12 months roughly.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am not gonna hate on craigslist- I got most of my op through there! I hear people's concerns about safety and whether the gear is good, but I have yet to be burned. Maybe I'm just lucky...

ttystikk

ttystikk

A light meter won't help you, which is counterintuitive as hell, huh? What happens in older bulbs is that resistance builds to the arc passing through the tube, forcing the bulb to pull more voltage. The efficiency drop is more from this voltage rise, and less from any direct reduction in lumen output. Don't get me wrong, lumens DO drop- just not fast anough to fully account for the efficiency loss.

If you want an HID bulb that doesn't have this problem, check out Gavita's new Proline 1000DE setups, with the Phillips double ended bulbs. Those fuckers go three full years and their lumen loss is guaranteed to be 5% or less over the full period. In fact, they limit the 'useful life' to three years, only because that's when the bulbs hit their 5% failure rate. Terrible...

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I am not gonna hate on craigslist- I got most of my op through there! I hear people's concerns about safety and whether the gear is good, but I have yet to be burned. Maybe I'm just lucky...
shit i agree w you, ive damn near made a living on craigslist, buying iphones for 200 selling on ebay for 375, all day.

i have been burned a few times though, you just have to know how to watch out for it. getting a YLOD ps3 was the first burn, never check out electronic equip at 7-11, mcdonalds, ALWAYS take that shit to plug in and make sure it works.....

craigslist is for stolen shit, broken shit, and unwanted shit. the stolen and broken shit is usually too expensive or sketch, and the reasonably priced real shit gets sold too quick haha. i know cause thats how my shit is too.

A light meter won't help you, which is counterintuitive as hell, huh? What happens in older bulbs is that resistance builds to the arc passing through the tube, forcing the bulb to pull more voltage. The efficiency drop is more from this voltage rise, and less from any direct reduction in lumen output. Don't get me wrong, lumens DO drop- just not fast anough to fully account for the efficiency loss.

If you want an HID bulb that doesn't have this problem, check out Gavita's new Proline 1000DE setups, with the Phillips double ended bulbs. Those fuckers go three full years and their lumen loss is guaranteed to be 5% or less over the full period. In fact, they limit the 'useful life' to three years, only because that's when the bulbs hit their 5% failure rate. Terrible...
those double enders come in 600w?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

damn.... well after the reflector, the pot, and the space id need above the reflector, for a 1k i could do 24-32" plants. LOL

edit - im thinkin 600 distance make that 14-22" LOLOLOL

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

If running mags check your caps too. They degrade overtime, before burning out.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

My apologies,you are both correct and im wrong,The 600 i was looking at is an SE bulb not a DE,since they looked EXACTLY the same i just assumed the 600 was a DE also,live and learn,lol.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My apologies,you are both correct and im wrong,The 600 i was looking at is an SE bulb not a DE,since they looked EXACTLY the same i just assumed the 600 was a DE also,live and learn,lol.

I'm a 600 guy and just did a thorough evaluation of tent size, wattage, and plant density. Gavitas were appealing, but right now not spending money on new gear is more appealing.

outwest

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

If you haven't found what you need yet hit me up. I have several Lumitek 600s plus cool tubes and other hoods. These were only used for one flowering cycle then my friend packed it in. I'm in Colo Spgs.

Top Bottom