Have a question for yal that I'm just wondering if u can answer

• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Was up guys what does 230+3%actual power draw mean. I mean what is the total wattage for 1000w grow light I gotten

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

It's 230 actual watts give or take 3 watts is what that means

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Sorry didn't see +3% I'm not sure what exactly that means but It's for sure 230 actual watts and I think that means add 3% of 230 to 230
Thought so yeah making shure hmm should goten little stronger one for the 3x3 x6 but that should do for now guess thanks bud

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

230W draw but could range between +3% (.03x230= 6.9) or -3% (same 6.9W). high of 236.9W or as low as 223.1W

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

So u think it's good for three or four plants or should I get a little stronger one

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

So u think it's good for three or four plants or should I get a little stronger one
I grow on the small side. 4 plants, each under their own qb. Very inefficient and wasteful. These lights in the hands of a good grower could produce!

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I use a fluke IR thermometer to check leaf surface temps (LST). If it gets above 80-82* I’ll dim the light 10-20% until the LST drops to 78 or so. Using a IR therm you can get lst from the tent window without opening it up

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Sorry to keep after this but maybe try a cheap lux meter. It’s not as helpful as a PAR meter but can still give you good info about intensity. Some growers say about 45,000 lux in veg and upwards of 75,000 lux in flower. My advice is take it slow and don’t beat yourself up for mistakes. It’s easier to increase level of nutrition and water than to remove excesses. Most of my problems have been pushing the plants too hard.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I use a fluke IR thermometer to check leaf surface temps (LST). If it gets above 80-82* I’ll dim the light 10-20% until the LST drops to 78 or so. Using a IR therm you can get lst from the tent window without opening it up
Really hmmm I never even thought of that how much does that run for that could b some help

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Really part I wanna master a bit more is the drying part and curing. Last dry I think took dow early well I know I did and didn't really smell much which I think is a good thing cuz from what I hurd if u smell weed when drying trichromes r evaporating. Got any trick from drying and curing

Latest posts

Top Bottom