Have a quick looksie, please!!

• Thread starter MomsGrowGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

I'm in need of an experienced pot gro buddy. If summertime wants to help me personally with the timing and harvest via email or text, id really love it....
BUT...
heres my ..I've kicked ass on these gals, and it's day 89 with my autos. They've grown their beautiful trichomes snd they are driving me crazy trying to time this! How's the trichs? Can they look different during the day and at night under high-power magnification? 'm obsessing. But, just when I think i should harvest, I see sonething else. It's only my third outdoor grow and although they are gorgeous ladies, im still not equipped with the knowledge of having seen through many grows. I was gonna pull tonight...but, well. You know. I thought it was time 2weeks ago and found out it was too early so I fed one more time and now am flushing. For the last few days I've been going back and forth with should I or shouldn't I. (prob bc I examine for 2 hours a day...) idk, my brain hurts. Here they are!

2022 08 18 20 27 09 902
2022 08 18 20 24 09 261
2022 08 18 20 14 50 160
2022 08 18 20 13 07 234
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

It’s good to see the whole plant but based on trichome pics I’d say you’re done and should chop. Virtually all trichs are cloudy with a few on the clear side. Others may disagree but seeing as you’re so close, put your mind at ease and chop. For future grows don’t be afraid to sample a small bud every week when you’re in the harvest range.

growsince79

growsince79

It’s good to see the whole plant but based on trichome pics I’d say you’re done and should chop. Virtually all trichs are cloudy with a few on the clear side. Others may disagree but seeing as you’re so close, put your mind at ease and chop. For future grows don’t be afraid to sample a small bud every week when you’re in the harvest range.
I agree, need to see the plant and the trichs.

MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

Thank you, I have pics, but idr which one of them that one was working with last night, but these were taken yesterday. Most all them are looking close to the same, here's an idea of what they look like....

20220815 095127
Blastfact

Blastfact

I would not be harvesting those yet. I would keep feeding and watering. Look at the trikes on and in the crevices of the buds. Once they start going amber in those areas she good to harvest. It's still going strong...

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I know crap all about autos or outdoor grows, but I know a little bit about cannabinoids. Here is what I would generalize, based on first hand testing of indoor photos:

1- The longer you flower them (as long as they are healthy) the more complex they become. Some people will say more amber = more couch lock, more clear = more up, heady high. I do not agree with this generalization, I think it is far more genetic dependent than time of harvest.

2 - Minor cannabinoids tend to develop later in the grow. This is not true across the board, for example CBG is the precursor to THCa and CBDa so it is there from the start. But if you run the plants longer, the final ratio of CBG:THC goes up, meaning at the end less CBG is converted.

Another example is THCv. Long flower times are a requirement to get that to come out in qty.

The longer you run, the larger the harvest. Up to a point.

UVB - which you should be getting outdoors, tends to push plants to finish faster.

So to sum it up, if the plants are healthy, I always come down on the side of waiting because I don't sell anything, so economics does not come into the picture. A for profit grow will probably harvest these plants now and start the next group immediately to maximize poundage produced. Think dispensary weed. As personal growers, IMO quality comes from patience. I would wait a bit.

But if you want to experiment (I recommend this because genetics play a huge roll, and above are generalizations) harvest in stages. Then keep them separated so later when you consume, you can see for yourself which end product is your favorite. Next time, you will know what to do.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Pistils Still look pretty white. I grow photos so keep that in mind, but agree with partial harvest. I’ve never harvested an entire plant at once. Rarely an entire branch. Do tomatoes all ripen at the same time? Or peaches? Etc. Play with them a little. That’s the fun of it. And good luck. And next year plant a photo with your autos. While you’re smoking your autos you could be playing With a photo for another month and a half.

MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

Pistils Still look pretty white. I grow photos so keep that in mind, but agree with partial harvest. I’ve never harvested an entire plant at once. Rarely an entire branch. Do tomatoes all ripen at the same time? Or peaches? Etc. Play with them a little. That’s the fun of it. And good luck. And next year plant a photo with your autos. While you’re smoking your autos you could be playing With a photo for another month and a half.

Thus critical purple kush. Day 89.... whatcha think? Idrk what to think....yes. it's done. That's my 2c
I would not be harvesting those yet. I would keep feeding and watering. Look at the trikes on and in the crevices of the buds. Once they start going amber in those areas she good to harvest.
Ohhh, ok. Man, I've got so many pics in my phone. It's like some are really cloudy and perfectly formed. Others look like they are squiggly glass spikes with deflated heads, like in the pic where I circled in blue
I would not be harvesting those yet. I would keep feeding and watering. Look at the trikes on and in the crevices of the buds. Once they start going amber in those areas she good to harvest. It's still going strong...

.... someone told me that they could be where it got crushed or fell off.... some of the calyxes are popping open a little and I can see the icky sticky!!! (Red circle)

Screenshot 20220819 183707 Gallery
Screenshot 20220819 183827 Gallery
Screenshot 20220819 183852 Gallery
Screenshot 20220819 183836 Gallery
Screenshot 20220819 183812 Gallery
2022 08 19 20 01 11 057
2022 08 19 20 01 11 057
2022 08 19 19 13 57 492
MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

I know crap all about autos or outdoor grows, but I know a little bit about cannabinoids. Here is what I would generalize, based on first hand testing of indoor photos:

1- The longer you flower them (as long as they are healthy) the more complex they become. Some people will say more amber = more couch lock, more clear = more up, heady high. I do not agree with this generalization, I think it is far more genetic dependent than time of harvest.

2 - Minor cannabinoids tend to develop later in the grow. This is not true across the board, for example CBG is the precursor to THCa and CBDa so it is there from the start. But if you run the plants longer, the final ratio of CBG:THC goes up, meaning at the end less CBG is converted.

Another example is THCv. Long flower times are a requirement to get that to come out in qty.

UVB - which you should be getting outdoors, tends to push plants to finish faster.

So to sum it up, if the plants are healthy, I always come down on the side of waiting because I don't sell anything, so economics does not come into the picture. A for profit grow will probably harvest these plants now and start the next group immediately to maximize poundage produced. Think dispensary weed. As personal growers, IMO quality comes from patience. I would wait a bit.

But if you want to experiment (I recommend this because genetics play a huge roll, and above are generalizations) harvest in stages. Then keep them separated so later when you consume, you can see for yourself which end product is your favorite. Next time, you will know what to do.
Thank you very much for your detailed response. I love to know the actual science behind EVERYTHING. I'm probably one of the only ppl who still watch "How It's Made"! (Where are the cannabis episodes?) The prob with being this kind of person is that I'm constantly going. And pot is no different. Absorb info....have fun... I'm not commercial growing, I don't sell it, not even to get my investment back. It's a hobby, its becoming a craft. I trade buds and gear/gadgets/feeds and such, but I (technically) have no deadlines, not a one, so ive got all the time in the world. I just want to see it through with as much success as I've had since day 1. I gave all my love and attention to 10 green ladies this summer. Day 90. So, I just want to end my grow journals with my textbook experience. I've documented everything...ph, feedings, h20, soil and ammendments, pests, sunlight, darkness, thoughts, worries, feelings, drawings, lists, do's and dont's, and lastly, trichomes and their ripening. So id like to finish this off strong so I can move on, much more edumacated, to the next grow. Each becomes better than the next, and understanding means knowledge. And knowledge is power....thx for being awesome!

MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

Thx! I do have several photos going, Gorilla Glue. I donated 2 seedlings. They're small still. Experimenting... 1 germed in wet paper towel, 1 planted in a solo cup, 1, planted off center to LST and thrown right in the soil. (1 solo cupped but running it w no ferts and no training to see how much diff, I like to do that) And 1 that I'm manifolding. I journal like a MF'er. I also have some 🔥 seeds I'm going to run, all photos, but indoor. My first indoor run.

sambapati

sambapati

Knowledge is power, keep writing it all down and then you can remember for next time what you need to replicate and what can fall away. Many people use the site as 'notes to self' which is great because you can scroll back on earlier grows. With my current grow I'm going to do the partial harvest and let the great middle of the plant and bottom get some undivided light feed. Whats that Elvis Costello song, every day I write the book?

MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

Knowledge is power, keep writing it all down and then you can remember for next time what you need to replicate and what can fall away. Many people use the site as 'notes to self' which is great because you can scroll back on earlier grows. With my current grow I'm going to do the partial harvest and let the great middle of the plant and bottom get some undivided light feed. Whats that Elvis Costello song, every day I write the book?
OMG, yea....this site is like cliffnotes!! Question tho, how do i create a grow journal? i just put 9 seeds in to germ and I want to document my grow....and see other ppls grows....as we all go through the process. Can I do that here?

sambapati

sambapati

OMG, yea....this site is like cliffnotes!! Question tho, how do i create a grow journal? i just put 9 seeds in to germ and I want to document my grow....and see other ppls grows....as we all go through the process. Can I do that here?
Yes maam MGG you can document your grow and then look back at it after it is over with notes pertaining specifically to you. So if someone wants to know about biochar and they search for it they'll find my grow diary where I mention biochar is a big part of my soil grow (as is silica from dried rice tips which are cooked/burnt with the charcol). So I've grown the same strain twice in a row and can compare because i'm not gettin older, just golder.

Look for this section below -- you might want to highlight an interesting or experimental part of your grow in the title. Also you can reference your grow in the signature line which I've seen people do -- or 'I believe this works' with links to things you like doing.

Grow Diaries​

Post thread
Read in-depth looks at other people's cultivation methods and techniques or share your own technique for growing cannabis.

MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

Yes maam MGG you can document your grow and then look back at it after it is over with notes pertaining specifically to you. So if someone wants to know about biochar and they search for it they'll find my grow diary where I mention biochar is a big part of my soil grow (as is silica from dried rice tips which are cooked/burnt with the charcol). So I've grown the same strain twice in a row and can compare because i'm not gettin older, just golder.

Look for this section below -- you might want to highlight an interesting or experimental part of your grow in the title. Also you can reference your grow in the signature line which I've seen people do -- or 'I believe this works' with links to things you like doing.

Grow Diaries​

Post thread
Read in-depth looks at other people's cultivation methods and techniques or share your own technique for growing cannabis.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

"Some people will say more amber = more couch lock, more clear = more up, heady high. I do not agree with this generalization, I think it is far more genetic dependent than time of harvest" exactly Moe. A strain that is energetic should be when it is ripe and the same with couchlock strains.

D

DoctorK

Hey yall,
My lowers started booming way before my toos (why i do not know) and they are weeks ahead of the top half of the plant. Shoukd i just check trics and take whats done and let the rest keep going? Anyone experienced this before? I dont want to chop then shock and ruin the tops.

B5AF1213 5293 4B74 A4F0 E51F6F0B28DB
Top Bottom