Have any of you grown in 100% Fytocell before??

• Thread starter Budzilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Question about using fytocell.

I got a bag to grow some small plants in some dixie cups. I soaked it in a 300ppm and 5.6 ph solution for about 30 hours. I strained the runoff and the ph in the runoff and in the fytocell is now 8.1,

This dont seem right to me.
Should I resoak it in a lower ph solutuion say about 4.5 to try to get the runoff in an acceptable range??

Edit:
I am soaking 2 more buckets 1 starting ph at 4 the other at a ph of 2.5. Ill report back tomotow when I can get a ph on the drainage...

Its strange because the directions say that it is ph neutral and I shouldnt have to use a lower ph solution to get the right runoff. But with a runoff of 8+ Im pretty sure if I put my seedlings in there they wont do well.

G

gettogro

Well I have been soaking this stuff for a few days now. Here is what I did.

Soaked in 5.8 ph 220 ppm 24 hours runoff was ph 8.1. Strained medium, resoaked at 2.5 ph 220 ppm 24 hours. runoff was 7.0. Strained and resoaked at 4.0 ph 220 ppm 24 hours. Run off is now stable at around 6.0.

This stuff took alot of soaking and ph down. But it seems to be stable now. I got some seedlings in rockwoll ready to transplant into the fytocell cups in a few days. Ill throw up some pics and see how it goes...

G

grinkeeper

wow this stuff is intresting for sure... So its not like perlite then... can you describe the texture in your hand... Im still not sure what its like.. is it crunchy or squishy

wonder if its avaiable in canada or a similar product

Resinable

Resinable

Any more feedback on this stuff; how did it go for you guys ghetto and northone? Very interested in this stuff. Does not seem like it could possibly arrive with RAs or fungus gnats like coco sometimes might? Do the bags come completely sealed without breather holes?

FytoFlakes

FytoFlakes

Hi peeps,

I've only just joined the site, hello to all of you.

I really joined because i wanted to know if anyone else was doing this yet or if it was just me and my mate.

I'm hopping you've heard of it before, its usually sold as a soil improver.
Its White fluffy stuff, Holds 60% water and 37% air at all times.

...BudZ...
Dear Budzilla,

I was wondering if you are still happy with your results, using Fytocell.

Thanks

Greatings FytoFlake

Top Bottom