Have any of you grown in 100% Fytocell before??

• Thread starter Budzilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budzilla

Hi peeps,

I've only just joined the site, hello to all of you.

I really joined because i wanted to know if anyone else was doing this yet or if it was just me and my mate.

I'm hopping you've heard of it before, its usually sold as a soil improver.
Its White fluffy stuff, Holds 60% water and 37% air at all times.

...BudZ...

half baked

half baked

easi budzilla it comes in the soil i use and seems to be good stuff, never heard of it before i started using this range (plant magic) i'll be keeping my eye on this 1:) peace hb

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
How much does it cost? Got a link for a source?

B

Budzilla

Its anywhere between 10 -20 pence a litre, roughly 20-40 cents I guess (I'm UK).

I grow only in this medium now.

The reason is that I've just done a test run in a 500ml Hempy (now ''Lazi Bucket'') with 100% Fytocell and the results are quite exceptional.

2 weeks veg from seed, 1 week in the ''Lazi Buckets'' (pictures below) This is what I saw on Sunday 23rd Jan, the day I now call ''Lazi day''

They have since been potted up into 4L 5'' pots and they roots are showing out the bottom of the pot already 60 hours after pot up

It is the future I'm sure of that. Remember my name!!!

...BudZilla...

IMAG0301 1600x1200 2
IMAG0305
IMAG0306 1600x1200
half baked

half baked

easi m8, where did u get that from in the uk, i go to lots of grow shops(big 1s too) but never seen it in bulk, have u got pics of the plants too, wouldnt mind a nosy see wot there sayin, what nutes do u use? hb

B

Budzilla

here's the PDF Link

Greens usually have it dude but their out of stock till Valentines day and I'm pushing it if I'll last till then.

William Sinclair are the UK distributors. I have the sales managers mobile if you want me to PM you it.

I'm hopefully hearing back with a list of stockists from WS tomorrow.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow of the Girls but as you know its the roots that count. the planst are only 17 days old now from seed, that pic is 14 days.

Has anyone else tried this STG (sure to grow) in Hempy's too? I was thinking I might have to use something else to mix in with what fytocell I have left if greens don't deliver on time.
any suggestions for mixing STG for hempy/passive hydro?

cheers.

P.s. Fytocell is between 10 and 30 pence a litre depending on quant's and who you get buy from - its cheaper than dirt!

...BudZ...

B

Budzilla

make sure you do mate, I can not rate this stuff highly enough, its bullet prof!

It is vastly superior to any other soil less substrate available in most key terms.

Air/water ratio 60/37 - Perfect for all plants.

PH never fluctuates.

The whole pot will be the same wetness due to the unforgiving capillary function. Plants grow in it round it, all over it.

You will find after a few weeks that the top half inch of media is awash with tiny feeder roots coming right to the surface of the pots and all over everywhere else.

You just got to get it and then I promise the penny will drop instantly!!

Let me know how you get on dude. i'd love to see it outpeform your cocco mats.

I think you should also look at that STG stuff they do a capillary matting which they say is also vastly superior to cocco mats

I think the websites down for night time maintenance right now as i couldn't get in just now. But definitely look at this too dude.
When I just saw it I thought of you instantly. As I said they say its better than cocco mats, money back guarantee etc, from looking at it I'm pretty confident that they are right.

...BudZ...

B

BLB51

make sure you do mate, I can not rate this stuff highly enough, its bullet prof!

It is vastly superior to any other soil less substrate available in most key terms.

Air/water ratio 60/37 - Perfect for all plants.

PH never fluctuates.

The whole pot will be the same wetness due to the unforgiving capillary function. Plants grow in it round it, all over it.

You will find after a few weeks that the top half inch of media is awash with tiny feeder roots coming right to the surface of the pots and all over everywhere else.

You just got to get it and then I promise the penny will drop instantly!!

Let me know how you get on dude. i'd love to see it outpeform your cocco mats.

I think you should also look at that STG stuff they do a capillary matting which they say is also vastly superior to cocco mats

I think the websites down for night time maintenance right now as i couldn't get in just now. But definitely look at this too dude.
When I just saw it I thought of you instantly. As I said they say its better than cocco mats, money back guarantee etc, from looking at it I'm pretty confident that they are right.

...BudZ...

Hi there guys,my first post here so here i go..

Budzilla,i just talked with Hempy regarding this media,he thaught that the media looks okey but he had no hands-on experience using it.Biggest issue to solve is (if you read the FAQ's)that this media have no wicking abbility..like Perlite has..I've have two bags in the pipe no so we see what can be done.I personally love the HB buckets..just have to find a media like the Perlite to mix in with STG i guess...Any inputs are moore then welcome...

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

some guys over at riot swear by this stuff... mine is on order.... cant wait to see it....

B

Budzilla

Hi there guys,my first post here so here i go..

Budzilla,i just talked with Hempy regarding this media,he thaught that the media looks okey but he had no hands-on experience using it.Biggest issue to solve is (if you read the FAQ's)that this media have no wicking abbility..like Perlite has..I've have two bags in the pipe no so we see what can be done.I personally love the HB buckets..just have to find a media like the Perlite to mix in with STG i guess...Any inputs are moore then welcome...

I think your getting it confused with another media, maybe STG.

It wicks like a mother fucker. The capillary action is second to none.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I am interested. Anyone getting this stuff in the states? How often do you have to water it? what ph range do you use? what kind of yields are you seeing with it?

B

Budzilla

How often do you have to water it?

Depends, it holds 60% water 37% air and 3% is the actual product. A 10 litre pot when watered will hold up to 6 litres of water so you could go up to 5 days/a week, but once packed with roots that will go soon and more frequent watering is more beneficial anyway as it brings in fresh nutes and air.

I use it in Hempy buckets and water every other day,if you were to use free draining pots you'd need to water every day in full bloom.

It is designed to save on watering.

what ph range do you use?

Same as the generic range for your type of growing. Passive Hydro is 6.2 and recirculating systems 5.8.

what kind of yields are you seeing with it?

I get over a gram a watt consistently, I know some who have been getting 1.4. That's with 9 week Sativa dom strains.

These guys make it, links down the left hand side.

BZ

Top Bottom