Have burnt hairs on my buds and tacoing new growth.

• Thread starter ericf8754
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ericf8754

Hey there guys I have some white hairs on my buds starting to look burnt. Not to sure why I know it's not to hot or the lights are not to close. I also have taking happening on my new growth with the leaves curling inward and down. I have a couple pics below any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have burnt hairs on my buds and  tacoing new growth
Have burnt hairs on my buds and  tacoing new growth 2
Have burnt hairs on my buds and  tacoing new growth 3
Have burnt hairs on my buds and  tacoing new growth 4
steamroller

steamroller

Nice plants. đź‘Ť
The hairs will go red/ burnt naturally as the plant matures.
Have you changed how you water?
Drooping is usually a water issue[ too much usually].
Welcome to th farm.
Others will be along to help more.
They will want to know more like grow media, lighting and details ,ferts, RH[day /night] and temps [ day/night].
How many weeks into flower are you?

M

Mr Claus

Don't know if this is applicable in this instance, but some insecticide or mold sprays can turn pistils prematurely dark.

Trixie

Trixie

The new leaves are cupping because the amount of salt in the soil is greater than in the plant. Water always follows salt and if the amount of salt is greater than in the plant the soil will suck the water back causing bear claw or cupping.

You may want to use water only for a few waterings to lower the amount of built-up salts.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'm concur with steam roller that the oldest stigma will mature and go dark naturally. And yes. It sort of hurts because some strains keep their white stigma longer. But if haven't sprayed anythjng on them probably normal.

E

ericf8754

Nice plants. đź‘Ť
The hairs will go red/ burnt naturally as the plant matures.
Have you changed how you water?
Drooping is usually a water issue[ too much usually].
Welcome to th farm.
Others will be along to help more.
They will want to know more like grow media, lighting and details ,ferts, RH[day /night] and temps [ day/night].
How many weeks into flower are you?
Hey man thanks for the help I have only grew one time before and new it's legal in New York so I figured I would have a go at it again. I use Happy frog potting soil from fox farm they are in 7 gal fabric pots, also fox farm nuts, I keep the humidity between 45 and 55 and the temps between 78 f during the day tops 66 f at night for a low humidity normally stays right around 50 percent in the tent. I have the ac infinity people system that keeps the temp and humidity were I want them. So really I thinks it's just to much or to little water and or nuts both put together. I water them every two to 3 days depending on the moisture level in the soil. I just recently started ph balancing my water. I think this might also be the problem as the nuts stored in the soil are now all going to the plant with the correct pH? That's my guess after talking to a few people on these forums.

20230115 132531
E

ericf8754

Is this vpd chart on this site also? Or just any chart online. I have looked into this briefly before but I don't know much about it.

K

KenKenaf

The new leaves are cupping because the amount of salt in the soil is greater than in the plant. Water always follows salt and if the amount of salt is greater than in the plant the soil will suck the water back causing bear claw or cupping.

You may want to use water only for a few waterings to lower the amount of built-up salts.

No, that's boron deficiency. Looks like that when it's caused by bad humidity. When you see burnt hairs with it, it means a fan leaf was sitting on the site for a while, rubbing the hairs and raising humidity around the cupped leaves.

This is what excess salts actually looks like in Cannabis:

20211027 010913

steamroller

steamroller

Nice I am NY [Saratoga ] and Fox Farms also!.
I skip the Tiger bloom and go with their dry 3 for flower.
Might like it 80-82 during day.
VPD will help you set temp and RH to help the plant the most.
You'll need a infared heat device to get it dialed in .
I like my inkbird.
I use this chart as it can be adjusted to match difference in leaf surface temp.

E

ericf8754

Oh OK gotcha I can't seem to get it hotter in there unless I turn the fan off that blows in air from the house. I feel like it will get stale in there if I close the vent. Maybe I can just turn the fan off and leave the vent open..... I will try that for a day and see what happens. Appreciate the help man.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I use Happy frog potting soil from fox farm they are in 7 gal fabric pots, also fox farm nuts
That's the same as what I have for my current grow, except I have one plant in a five-gallon pot. I also have an ACI controller and fans.

I have had the same tacoing problem with the plant in the smaller pot. I forgot to mix in anything (like perlite, for example) for drainage, so the soil has been too moist, which can cause nutrient lockout. The solution has been to let the soil dry. I use a moisture meter to test the moisture level deep in the pot--about 3/4 of the way down. The plants like it when it's very dry down there.

E

ericf8754

No, that's boron deficiency. Looks like that when it's caused by bad humidity. When you see burnt hairs with it, it means a fan leaf was sitting on the site for a while, rubbing the hairs and raising humidity around the cupped leaves.

View attachment 1320413
Hey thanks man any idea how to fix the issue before it get worse. It just start two days ago

E

ericf8754

That's the same as what I have for my current grow, except I have one plant in a five-gallon pot. I also have an ACI controller and fans.

I have had the same tacoing problem with the plant in the smaller pot. I forgot to mix in anything (like perlite, for example) for drainage, so the soil has been too moist, which can cause nutrient lockout. The solution has been to let the soil dry. I use a moisture meter to test the moisture level deep in the pot--about 3/4 of the way down. The plants like it when it's very dry down there.
OK thank you for you help

sambapati

sambapati

View attachment 1320413
Good call and explanation %100

Latest posts

Top Bottom