Have i killed my plant.

• Thread starter Sup3rnov4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

Hey guys I'm new here after the worst thing that could happen to my plant happened.

So I decided to give growing a go for the first time and brought some auto seeds. I have had nothing but problems with them.

I germinated them and they sprouted but then stopped growing so transplanted them to a looser finer compost and 1 took with very very slow growth u till 2 weeks ago. (Pic 1 9 weeks old)
20200614_183120.jpg

This pic it week 4 it was double the size on break.

I couldn't bring myself to top it so I started training which was working.

I have woken up today and the wind has snapped the stem clean off leaving about 30% of the plant with 2 nodes left. (Pic 2 after the break)
20200620_091902.jpg

I am trying to clone the top but I'm praying the plant is salvage able.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site, you watch it will get its act together , a lot of indoor growers myself included do exactly this to start the plant mainlining a style of plant manipulation. Relax enjoy your plant maybe a windbreak is needed to shift the prevailing winds . Regards Od .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

"germinated them and they sprouted but then stopped growing"

most likely it appeared like it had stopped growing because after a seedling comes up it grows roots first for up to several weeks and then it grows leaves

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

the day went from bad to worse I just went out to smoke a dutch and in 2 hours a snail has crawled into the pot and started eating the stem close to the bottom 😭

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Perils of outdoor growing if you crush egg shells around the plant Arthropods don’t like to get there foot in to much stuff that sticks to them an old trick from a old gardener . Od .

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

thanks, I put little shards of broken brick around the pot also as heard they don't like sharp jagged edges.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hey guys I'm new here after the worst thing that could happen to my plant happened.

So I decided to give growing a go for the first time and brought some auto seeds. I have had nothing but problems with them.

I germinated them and they sprouted but then stopped growing so transplanted them to a looser finer compost and 1 took with very very slow growth u till 2 weeks ago. (Pic 1 9 weeks old)
View attachment 988788
This pic it week 4 it was double the size on break.

I couldn't bring myself to top it so I started training which was working.

I have woken up today and the wind has snapped the stem clean off leaving about 30% of the plant with 2 nodes left. (Pic 2 after the break)
View attachment 988789
I am trying to clone the top but I'm praying the plant is salvage able.

Just let her rest. She will recover just fine. 🍻 😎

Madbud

Madbud

Moot point but with all those fresh chew marks i don’t think it was wind that topped her.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Take the top part that snapped off and put it in a glass with an inch of water in it or stick it deep into damp soil... chances are that the top will re-root, giving you a new plant to play around with and get a few extra buds. IDK how well it will grow, being an auto, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

Thanks for all the helpful comments she is alive.

Put small jagged stones around the pot and seems to have done the trick.

She also has started showing 4 more shoots. Happy days

20200621 125456

I also made a clone from the top figured it was worth a shot.

20200621 131450

Thanks for the help guys

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

Moot point but with all those fresh chew marks i don’t think it was wind that topped her.
The Mark's you see are very old I had to move her location at a young age as the first rain brought out the slugs and snails. The one yesterday was the first in a long time. I have raised her up now and added sharp jagged stones around it so fingers crossed.

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

I think it will be fine give it some time cannabis is a very resilient plant and wants to live by nature

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

It will be good dont worry. But next time please ... , dont grow in dirt like that... Afford your plant soil she deserves... a good preperation is 50% of succes.
Good luck.

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

It will be good dont worry. But next time please ... , dont grow in dirt like that... Afford your plant soil she deserves... a good preperation is 50% of succes.
Good luck.

that mud is only about 1 inch thick to steady the stem it's compost and food capsules underneath

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

So this is a strange one.. I took the top of the plant and I'm trying to clone it seems ok it's not wilting off but I have noticed this..

20200622 201308

The fan leaves are flipping over lol any thoughts

Top Bottom