Have I left topping too late?

• Thread starter UK1Richard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UK1Richard

first time grower so wasn’t really as clued up as I am now am just wondering if I should have topped my plant or if it’s to late to do so now.

Have i left topping too late
Have i left topping too late 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you are absolutely fine.. best to wait and top until side branches have started growing a few inches at least..
i don’t top until at least 10 nodes or i wait till about 2 weeks before flowering.

U

UK1Richard

you are absolutely fine.. best to wait and top until side branches have started growing a few inches at least..
i don’t top until at least 10 nodes or i wait till about 2 weeks before flowering.
So wait a few more weeks then top it then or should I do it now ? I think am currently at 6 nodes

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

If you light cycle is still 18 on and 6 off you should be able to top it whenever. Only top a couple inches at a time to prevent shock. You want as least shock as possible so she can continue to grow. You'd be surprised. I let my mother's get like 5 ft tall. Then I top like 4 inches or 6 inches. And she still doesn't shock to bad.

At the top go 2 or 3 nodes down and cut right above the node.

If it's a auto. Then just top it now no worries.

U

UK1Richard

it’s up to you..
i guess it depends on your grow space mainly?..
Got about 3ft more in height space wise getting netting installed once it’s arrived from postal service so I can control the width as they’ve just started to touch the sides

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Got about 3ft more in height space wise getting netting installed once it’s arrived from postal service so I can control the width as they’ve just started to touch the sides
ok outdoor right?
are the plants able to grow out the top? is the a door to get at plant?..

U

UK1Richard

ok outdoor right?
are the plants able to grow out the top? is the a door to get at plant?..
Side door and the roof has a clear cover to stop rain so I can control the amount of waters it’s getting so it doesn’t effect my feed schedule

Top Bottom