have i made a hybrid ?

• Thread starter bigleek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigleek

last year i made a few crosses superglue , chitralhash ,el ninio ,tastebud, i hit them all with a kali mist indica pheno have tested germination and all seem to be fine .are these crosses finished or what is the next step.cheers:afroweed:

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Next step, grow them all out and see if you got any winners.

B

bigleek

i was thinking about germing 50 or so of each picking out the best male and female then crossing them together?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
It takes many generations and careful selection to go from a hybrid to an IBL. I'd look for a nice keeper and make a mother out it/them.

T

TheNman

Ya, backcrossing is a must.... or so i hear. :D
I've only made one cross myself and that was by accident.

B

bigleek

cheers i was thinking about that after crossing them back two themselves would they be more uniform if i don it that way?

B

bigleek

a little above me all i want to do is keep the strains going and avoid the dreeded clone only status lol

C

CrippledCrow

Then just make a bunch of f2`s and store them. The golds in the f2`s anyways , thats where all the killer different phenos show up . What your talking about takes a great deal of work .

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
^ Excellent advice CC, F2's are a potential gold mine ^

B

bigleek

cheers boys i,ll get things going i,ll start with superglue in the next few weeks get some pics up and see what u guys think

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds good, recombination always yields interesting results. :yes

F

Foxfarmfreak

Hey BigLeek, did you send any of those beans in to the bay? I just got a pack of Superglue x Kali Mist Bx1....hmmm, Sound Familiar? are these beans your progeny?:icon_spin:
Thanks
Fox

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
welll finally i found the guy responsible for the cross...good work man.i have both the el nino and the citral found a killer pheno from the citral hash plant x kali. anything else to come of these?

B

bigleek

this year i will be making f2s with all my kali Xs aswell as some dieselXs and some of sannies gear i will send some to logic when they are done no probs
any chance of any pics of any of my Xs

BL

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
oh yea def. bro.. i will put up pics of the kali mist x citral very soon,give me like a little bit..will have them up in a day or 2...Thanx again leek for some truly great x's...Burn

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
ok well here is some of that kali x citral hash...smells nice and sweet during grow,w/ defined citrus smell..upon cure keeps some of it but develops this dank almost offensive smell..pure dank,tons of resin...btw what does the el nino x offer..i gifted 4 to a friend put 1 down-male,but have 4 left,any info on what to expect/look for/pheno... do you have any pics,would love to see how yours came out...thanx again leek...BuRn

Gws 1st2nd  km 1st2nd late 09 early 2010 085
Gws 1st2nd  km 1st2nd late 09 early 2010 062
Gws 1st2nd  km 1st2nd late 09 early 2010 172
Gws 1st2nd  km 1st2nd late 09 early 2010 180
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
the second pic was the first time i ran it,had to tie the tops down to the side,plant still threw down a 1/4 pound,the first pic was from that plant,the other two was the second run...

J

jordisgarden

I crossed a mass super skunk with a barneys farm iolator kush. i grew out 2 of em. 1was female. 1 was male.
now the female is flowering and this plant looks so different in comparison to the other plants in my grow room. i have no idea if its a hybrid though cuz im not sure about the sativa /indica ratio in the original parents. really though i did it for the sole reason of seeing if i could create something.
i still have a bag of pollen from the original super skunk father. should i pollenate some females with this pollen? isnt that how you end up with a stable line? after doing the back cross like 5 times you start to get the same pheno every time?

F

Foxfarmfreak

Nice pics Burns, looks like some dankness,,,,
Peace FFF:harvest:

Top Bottom