Have my buds gone to seed?

• Thread starter Richard1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Richard1234

They haven't, but as I'm trimming up I'm coming across these tiny white balls that look to me like proto-seeds (I've no idea, really!).

What do you make of it?

Thanks.

Has my bud gone to seed
Has my bud gone to seed 2
Has my bud gone to seed 3
Has my bud gone to seed 4
Has my bud gone to seed 5
Has my bud gone to seed 6
Has my bud gone to seed 7
Has my bud gone to seed 8
R

Richard1234

Aaaah! I had a chat with doctor Google and I reckon she might be a hermaphrodite.

I had a peek with the loupe at some stuff's still green: they're pollen sacks not a doubt in my mind.

Doesn't bode well for the smoke 🙄

I'm not having a good run this year...

😅

shrug

At least she hasn't gone to seed 👍

I'd better check the one not pulled yet!!

R

Richard1234

Yes sir she hermied on ya. Lots of things can cause this, usually heat or light stress, or could be genetics..
Yeah, ta mate 👍
I read most likely a combination of.
Some strains are prone, it said.

This one is apparently Hawaiian Skunk... I'll look it up...

K

KeyFingerFlying

Hermied indeed, but could have been saved. If some plants will do that on you again - check for the male organs (polen sacks like banannas) on the stebble and remove them daily, the yield will not be big but still tolerable

R

Richard1234

Okay! Some varied opinions 🤔
I'll see what else I can learn and git back to yas. Ta 🙏!

R

Richard1234

Yes sir she hermied on ya. Lots of things can cause this, usually heat or light stress, or could be genetics..

it just look like discolored swollen calyx. i m not seeing any sign of it being pollinated or hermie ....

Hermied indeed, but could have been saved. If some plants will do that on you again - check for the male organs (polen sacks like banannas) on the stebble and remove them daily, the yield will not be big but still tolerable

Like HerbalEdu said those are just discolored calyx’s !! I see no signs of hermie either

It's so difficult to get photos that show clearly but I wonder if ya'll might be kind enough to have a peruse and tell me if these examples (from the greener buds) tell you anything might influence your assessments.

Thankyouthankyou 🙏

20240417 104958
20240417 102600
20240417 103939
20240417 103728
20240417 103430
20240417 102840
20240417 102558
20240417 102849
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I’m going to agree with @HerbalEdu
I’m not seeing swollen calyx here.
But get in there to some of the exposed calyx and snag one, some strains def are deceptive like that, and do surgery, and see what is in there. Or if it’s really accessible pinch it, is there something inside? Or just squishy? Quick easy way to know

R

Richard1234

I’m going to agree with @HerbalEdu
I’m not seeing swollen calyx here.
But get in there to some of the exposed calyx and snag one, some strains def are deceptive like that, and do surgery, and see what is in there. Or if it’s really accessible pinch it, is there something inside? Or just squishy? Quick easy way to know

Will do, mate. Ta!

Lil' bit confused though, cause HerbalEdu actually reckons it's swollen calyx.

Anyhow I'll do the tests you recommend and come back soon.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Will do, mate. Ta!

Lil' bit confused though, cause HerbalEdu actually reckons it's swollen calyx.

Anyhow I'll do the tests you recommend and come back soon.
Oh he is using it in a different context. Swollen calyx with an orange pollenated pistol and something hard inside bad
Swollen calyx later in flower covered in trichs good. My bad man,

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Possibly. But as I say, a close loupe at the stuff that's still green shows what I was certain are pollen sacks. I'll have another peek though, cheers 👍
Do you have any pics you can take of the pollen sacs? Or they removed already?
FYI, always hit a pollen sac before removable with a spray bottle of water that mists lightly, keeps the pollen spread down if you are not breeding.

Top Bottom