Have my buds gone to seed?

• Thread starter Richard1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Richard1234

Do you have any pics you can take of the pollen sacs? Or they removed already?
FYI, always hit a pollen sac before removable with a spray bottle of water that mists lightly, keeps the pollen spread down if you are not breeding.

Awesome tip! Very handy, indeed!

R

Richard1234

Okay: it looks like something inside.

TBC: All this bud has been harvested. First lot has just been jarred for curing. The second lot (same plant) is green (only been hanging a couple days)

20240417 115130
20240417 115632
R

Richard1234

Ps Here's a couple (better than my first post?) pics of the dry version...

20240417 114447
20240417 114532
R

Richard1234

it just look like discolored swollen calyx. i m not seeing any sign of it being pollinated or hermie ....

I appreciate your input!

Do these pics tell you anything different?

This is the second harvest from the same plant (still green)

20240417 115130
20240417 115632
Last edited:
R

Richard1234

This is another plant, still in the ground.

They're both (allegedly) Hawaiian Skunk from feminised seed.

20240417 140935
20240417 140750
20240417 141317
20240417 141131
LetItGrowFarAndWide

LetItGrowFarAndWide

One easy way to determine if Swollen calyx or Hermie.
If former, calyx will be EMPTY
If latter, calyx will start to fill up with the seed, first white color then green then brown, grey, black stripes etc.
If no seeds, no Hermie.
By the way, one seed per grow is fantastic.
Some of the best strains have come from random seeds like that "one seed".
Let it grow.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Oh shit that one pic with that crab claw
Sorry man, it’s a herm. Inspect them a lot and snag them.

So now we figure out went wrong to cause it.
When you have a chance, give a complete run down of everything, from pot size and cultivar, dirt mix to water source. And anything in between, power outages, ambient light source, try to think of everything man. We have to find the chink in the armor to stop this from happening again. Because due to the fact they focused more on the bids than seeds, tells me that something human related caused this and not genetics or imprinted recessive genes.

Or don’t and keep having it happen. I vote the latter homie! 👊🏻🤡

R

Richard1234

When you have a chance, give a complete run down of everything, from pot size and cultivar, dirt mix to water source. And anything in between, power outages, ambient light source, try to think of everything man. We have to find the chink in the armor to stop this from happening again. Because due to the fact they focused more on the bids than seeds, tells me that something human related caused this and not genetics or imprinted recessive genes.

Wow. Okay.

So one plant is already harvested. I'm assuming it's herminess will negatively impact the quality?

R

Richard1234

And the one that's still in the ground is ready to be harvested so I don't suppose there's any point snagging them(?)

P'raps just pull it (then dry, trim, and cure,) hoping for the best?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Wow. Okay.

So one plant is already harvested. I'm assuming it's herminess will negatively impact the quality?
Yes but not entirely homie, it’s like driving and texting, sometimes you have too, meaning the plants attention has been split, and now the important task suffers while you bounce around your lane.

Also, with the chopped plant, there is no way of telling at what point it went a sexual, so it could have been just enough time to make a few seeds so totals loss can be negligible.
It really depends on a few things. Timing is a big one.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
grind carefully with your fingers to remove mature seeds and eventually young forming seeds that taste bad when burning, aside that smoking pollinated weed is perfectly fine.
“hippy grenades” 🤣

One pops in the pipe

“Duck mofo, someone is shooting at us “

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I appreciate your input!

Do these pics tell you anything different?

This is the second harvest from the same plant (still green)
i m still not seeing any real evidence of it being hermie or pollinated, no single banana in sight, no male flowers open or unopened in sight.

Not really anything that look like a mature seed or a young seed maturating.

and i deal with hermie rather often, and currently smoking a batch that has been pollinated.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
And the one that's still in the ground is ready to be harvested so I don't suppose there's any point snagging them(?)

P'raps just pull it (then dry, trim, and cure,) hoping for the best?
No run them all the way man, maximize what you can. Unless you have new plants that could better use the space.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
i m still not seeing any real evidence of it being hermie or pollinated, no single banana in sight, no male flowers open or unopened in sight.

and i deal with hermie rather often, and currently smoking a batch that has been pollinated.
Man it had me fooled. That pic don’t lie though. Just looked like a classic sativa from my porch man. Yeesh. Pesky bs.
Or he found a needle in the haystack, you know a future bag seed alumni 🤣

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

I will smoke the bejesus out them herm buds.

And really, I have no issues with the lgbtq folks.
they deserve respect. 👊🏻🤡

Sunasun

Sunasun

That's kind of mean, don't you mean the former?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That's kind of mean, don't you mean the former?
……………I do, thank you.
I have not gotten great sleep today.
Thank you for catching that.

I feel like maybe I still got the point across with out seeming like a total dick 😟

Top Bottom