Have my buds gone to seed?

• Thread starter Richard1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Yes but not entirely homie, it’s like driving and texting, sometimes you have too, meaning the plants attention has been split, and now the important task suffers while you bounce around your lane.

Also, with the chopped plant, there is no way of telling at what point it went a sexual, so it could have been just enough time to make a few seeds so totals loss can be negligible.
It really depends on a few things. Timing is a big one.
Good info, my Frostette started to herm around week 2. I caught it early and pulled sacs for about a week (wish I knew your spray bottle tip). I have only eyeballed one (mature) seed but I'm sure there are more.
She's about a week from chop so I'm hoping for the best.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Good info, my Frostette started to herm around week 2. I caught it early and pulled sacs for about a week (wish I knew your spray bottle tip). I have only eyeballed one (mature) seed but I'm sure there are more.
She's about a week from chop so I'm hoping for the best.
It happens to the best of us homie.
Sometimes recessive genetics be lurking
Like smeagle. Unless you are sure it was an environmental trigger?
You shoulda hit me up buddy, I know you are no greenhorn but man a bit of spitballing maybe we would have mitigated it at least a bit more, I dunno, I just hate when there are issues on any level really.

I just want everyone to pull the best cannabis
All the time.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

You shoulda hit me up buddy, I know you are no greenhorn but man a bit of spitballing maybe we would have mitigated it at least a bit more, I dunno, I just hate when there are issues on any level really.

All the time.
I appreciate that Cap, yeah I kinda sorta think it was light schedule that threw it. I had to be away from my grow a couple times and I'm thinking the light was left on in the room. I don't zip my tent but have a dark room when the door is shut. Thinking bro may have flipped the lights on and forgot....

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

All the time.
Am I correct that seeds from a herm'd plant will be prone to also herming?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Am I correct that seeds from a herm'd plant will be prone to also herming?
Well? A fem seed has to come from somewhere right? So the long and short of it is yes, but just like a reg run where you have to sex out males, it’s quite literally the same thing with fems I just look for any shady looking signs of funny business hunt the genetic herms out and bail them, when you read about strain stability it’s really about doing successive runs weeding out the bad apples, and selecting the nice ones. I will pop at least 50 seeds to get started on a fem breeding plan. THEN I use a tent and j stress the fuck out of a plant mid flower, my method is to put my circulation and ventilation fans on a on off digital timer, set to have my fans shut off completely causing a drastic heat spike at time of day it would be cooling down and transpiring properly the days intake. I make sure they get no ventilation/Circ for up to 3hours then when lights go out have the fans kick back in for normal operation. This almost always has been the way I do it fem wise. Then rinse and repeat, pheno hunting and selecting the strong plants and running them anther two times, with out the mid flower stressing to then breed that imprint back out. It’s a friggin process but so damned worth it. Fun too all told. It’s literally the same thing as a reg run tho. I have always been a bit confused when folks talk shit on fems/herms.
It’s literally how they are made. It’s just the silent head in the lab growing fire and having the passion to take time, and think about what other folks may enjoy and just expand your pallet some. Then it’s happy accidents, I went racing back in oct, right at like day 13 of flower for a week. I was ex party and wifey had a lot going on at work, a pbb hermd which is always possible. It’s just biology and part of the deal. (Everyone needs a boogy man to blame) and dusted an okie cman, well, fuck, I’ve popped 20 of them since. They are solid. I stressed a few of them earlier in a previous run. I wanted to keep the genetics.
It sucks to get what are advertised as stable, top shelf, and have a ton of a sexual weirdness manifest, that’s what we all get mad about, but for the cultivator who accidentally seeded his/her crop? It’s a different dynamic when you have 100seeds to run so you can get to popping. It’s just a human hand in forcing evolution and trying to manage it. Genetics is a rabbit hole hahahaha.
Come in the water is perfect 🤣

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Well? A fem seed has to come from somewhere right? So the long and short of it is yes, but just like a reg run where you have to sex out males, it’s quite literally the same thing with fems I just look for any shady looking signs of funny business hunt the genetic herms out and bail them, when you read about strain stability it’s really about doing successive runs weeding out the bad apples, and selecting the nice ones. I will pop at least 50 seeds to get started on a fem breeding plan. THEN I use a tent and j stress the fuck out of a plant mid flower, my method is to put my circulation and ventilation fans on a on off digital timer, set to have my fans shut off completely causing a drastic heat spike at time of day it would be cooling down and transpiring properly the days intake. I make sure they get no ventilation/Circ for up to 3hours then when lights go out have the fans kick back in for normal operation. This almost always has been the way I do it fem wise. Then rinse and repeat, pheno hunting and selecting the strong plants and running them anther two times, with out the mid flower stressing to then breed that imprint back out. It’s a friggin process but so damned worth it. Fun too all told. It’s literally the same thing as a reg run tho. I have always been a bit confused when folks talk shit on fems/herms.
It’s literally how they are made. It’s just the silent head in the lab growing fire and having the passion to take time, and think about what other folks may enjoy and just expand your pallet some. Then it’s happy accidents, I went racing back in oct, right at like day 13 of flower for a week. I was ex party and wifey had a lot going on at work, a pbb hermd which is always possible. It’s just biology and part of the deal. (Everyone needs a boogy man to blame) and dusted an okie cman, well, fuck, I’ve popped 20 of them since. They are solid. I stressed a few of them earlier in a previous run. I wanted to keep the genetics.
It sucks to get what are advertised as stable, top shelf, and have a ton of a sexual weirdness manifest, that’s what we all get mad about, but for the cultivator who accidentally seeded his/her crop? It’s a different dynamic when you have 100seeds to run so you can get to popping. It’s just a human hand in forcing evolution and trying to manage it. Genetics is a rabbit hole hahahaha.
Come in the water is perfect 🤣
Thats a lot to digest! really appreciate the detail, makes a shit ton of sense.
BTW, my lil 'OkieMan' is is looking right (thx again)

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thats a lot to digest! really appreciate the detail, makes a shit ton of sense.
BTW, my lil 'OkieMan' is is looking right (thx again)
Hell man, you are going to love that shit.
My favorite of last year.
It’s just proper. 👊🏻🤡
You are welcome homie.

R

Richard1234

grind carefully with your fingers to remove mature seeds and eventually young forming seeds that taste bad when burning, aside that smoking pollinated weed is perfectly fine.

Awesome.

Pain in the arse 😋

But awesome news I can rescue it for smoking 👍

Ta, mate.

R

Richard1234

i m still not seeing any real evidence of it being hermie or pollinated, no single banana in sight, no male flowers open or unopened in sight.

Not really anything that look like a mature seed or a young seed maturating.

and i deal with hermie rather often, and currently smoking a batch that has been pollinated.

Very interesting. Thank you.

It's difficult to show in the photos but the dry buds have bundles of lil' white... things that look like they're going taste bad.

Let's see what happens. See if I find any actual seed, or anything further developed.

Appreciated.

R

Richard1234

No run them all the way man, maximize what you can. Unless you have new plants that could better use the space.

Okay, ta mate.

It's outdoors so I don't need the space. I've been staggering the harvest, half plant at a time, cause I've limited drying space and trouble keeping up with the trimming, otherwise.

It'll get another week this last.

R

Richard1234

……………I do, thank you.
I have not gotten great sleep today.
Thank you for catching that.

I feel like maybe I still got the point across with out seeming like a total dick 😟

Absolutely, mate 🙏!

I did a double-take and was like... "ah! I know what he meant" 👍

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I picked that up, too! But the Capt's a good man so I understood what he meant 🙂👍

It did sound mean though 😅
Well fuck. Dammit, I have def been a bit froggy today, but please never read anything post with a mean or dickish context, if anything, I’m being aloof and ridiculous.
I’m definitely a jokester. And will defend homies all damned day. I really didn’t mean to come across that way, more a friendly albeit abrupt warning.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I was going to make some good natured trans-jokes but really don't want to be misinterpreted... let's try though...

Hey I’m good all day, if you ever want to shoot a possibly off color joke my way, just hit me In a message. I’m definitely down for a quality joke. The human ability to self deprecate is what makes the world turn. And poop jokes.

R

Richard1234

Well fuck. Dammit, I have def been a bit froggy today, but please never read anything post with a mean or dickish context, if anything, I’m being aloof and ridiculous.
I’m definitely a jokester. And will defend homies all damned day. I really didn’t mean to come across that way, more a friendly albeit abrupt warning.

Not at all! Anyone who's read more than half a dozen of your posts would see straight away that you meant former.

These things happen.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Not at all! Anyone who's read more than half a dozen of your posts would see straight away that you meant former.

These things happen.
👊🏻🤡

Latest posts

Top Bottom