Have Root Aphids, Pyganic Drench Or Big Time Exterminator?

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

You're correct. Don't use it in flower.
Thank you. I will post pictures later today and show you guys. My veg room looks really good and the problem has mainly been in my flowering room. It never got bad in my veg, I never saw one fly or even walk out of the medium. I am hoping that if my veg room is for the most part spotless I can really control it as I move cleaner plants into the flowering room and taking the more infected ones out as they harvest. I have taken 3 rounds of clones from my mothers and have not seen one root aphid on any root of the cuttings and they all look green as can be. Not saying I eradicated them but I have definitely devastated them in every room except the flower.

cottageman

cottageman

These are my youngest and oldest veg plants. They seem to be doing pretty good so far
310A2C43 9A1A 4B5F BC32 26B306BCEC0B
83F15D3C 5BA1 4FD7 9F41 78C2C7EF6E07
6CFF1A93 7D02 452D 8221 DF3FC7DBF440

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Until you get 1 room empty and clean with zero plants this problem will continue until you do. I've been growing for awhile and just went through this over the last 8 months. If I didnt count on this to make living i would have moved months ago just to get a fresh spot with all new genetics. That's how extreme they are. If u have them in flower I promise they are in your veg regardless of seeing flyers or not. Just remember all the info I've passed along. Happy growing

cottageman

cottageman

Until you get 1 room empty and clean with zero plants this problem will continue until you do. I've been growing for awhile and just went through this over the last 8 months. If I didnt count on this to make living i would have moved months ago just to get a fresh spot with all new genetics. That's how extreme they are. If u have them in flower I promise they are in your veg regardless of seeing flyers or not. Just remember all the info I've passed along. Happy growing
decided to soil drench with imidacloprid because I started reading up on the chemical and if used correctly(st least 60 days out from harvest) and within recommended application it does not seem to be that bad at all. I am indoors thankfully so no dead or hurt bees but as long as you use it properly in the veg I do not see the harm. People were making it seem like it was the worst thing you could possibly put into your plant.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
decided to soil drench with imidacloprid because I started reading up on the chemical and if used correctly(st least 60 days out from harvest) and within recommended application it does not seem to be that bad at all. I am indoors thankfully so no dead or hurt bees but as long as you use it properly in the veg I do not see the harm. People were making it seem like it was the worst thing you could possibly put into your plant.

It's got a terrible reputation solely because of its effect on bees. It's extremely safe for humans and other animals. And like you said, used correctly in the proper application it poses little to no risk. It's best uses are indoors and on turf. Where I have a problem with it is nurserys putting it in flower baskets and hanging plants etc, which literally ATTRACT bees to come and get poisoned. That is not cool.

cottageman

cottageman

It's got a terrible reputation solely because of its effect on bees. It's extremely safe for humans and other animals. And like you said, used correctly in the proper application it poses little to no risk. It's best uses are indoors and on turf. Where I have a problem with it is nurserys putting it in flower baskets and hanging plants etc, which literally ATTRACT bees to come and get poisoned. That is not cool.
yeah anything outdoors I would not use it simply because of the bee problem. I bought the bio advanced product made for fruit and vegetables, made me feel better that it was intended for human consumption but it is basically just less imid than merit or something like that. I also love that it does not bother my beneficial bacteria which not even pyganic does. Although I am not going to use in in flower ever, after reading everything i could I wonder how bad it would really be if you used it in like week one of flower or something like that. Not that I would ever try it, just curious.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't have any experience with that compound, but I have had great success using a flea fogger (Pyrethrin based) to take care of spider mites, and used Bob's Dead Bug for a soil drench...between the two applications, everything was taken care of. I've only used it during vegging, not flowering although it breaks down quickly. Whatever works well for you without being overly toxic!

cottageman

cottageman

I don't have any experience with that compound, but I have had great success using a flea fogger (Pyrethrin based) to take care of spider mites, and used Bob's Dead Bug for a soil drench...between the two applications, everything was taken care of. I've only used it during vegging, not flowering although it breaks down quickly. Whatever works well for you without being overly toxic!
I use pyganic in my flowering room to kill them and it works great. I used big time exterminator before which was good but Pyganic plus og biowar after you wash the pyganic out is a hard combo to beat when it comes to killing pests. Plus the ogbiowar drenched makes your plants look amazing. I dip all of my clones in the root/foliar tea I make right before I transplant them to pots and they have never looked better!

cottageman

cottageman

There are a couple ways to come at it. One application of merit or mallet 75, then one of spectracide, and one more application of merit/mallet will kill them.

Or just two applications of merit 75 one week apart worked well for me also. These options can only be used in early Veg.

In soil I would suggest botanigard which can be used into flower, but they dont recommend using it in hydro.

Lastly, you could take clones and start over if you dont want to use pesticides.
have you used spectricide before? I have read a forum on here that says you can soil drench with it overnight and I am just wondering if that's true, since with something like pyganic 5.0 you have to rinse out after you drench with it. Thanks for product info as well

BiggerDaddy

BiggerDaddy

There are a couple ways to come at it. One application of merit or mallet 75, then one of spectracide, and one more application of merit/mallet will kill them.

Or just two applications of merit 75 one week apart worked well for me also. These options can only be used in early Veg.

In soil I would suggest botanigard which can be used into flower, but they dont recommend using it in hydro.

Lastly, you could take clones and start over if you dont want to use pesticides.
Hello Dirtbag. I am doing a drench with Mallet tomorrow. May not get this by then. Anyway, I wanted another opinion regarding the application dillution rate. How much per gallon? Thank you.

Top Bottom