have you noticed...?

• Thread starter Jamaica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jamaica

Jamaica

i was looking for info about thiws, but i didnt found it.
after germinating hundreds of seeds of different strains today i realize that, as sativas grows faster than indicas, if they also germinate faster too. a lot of afghan, or kush strains are taking more than 72hs to pop while most of sativas like punto rojo, panamas, sativas paraguayas, etc etc germinate in only 24/48hs
so the full question is:
have you noticed that indica or mostly indica seeds take longer to germinate than sativas or sativa dominant seeds??
is there a rule here or some info i{m missing??
please if any of you have reliable information i will be thanked.
greets to the farm!

;)

homebrew420

homebrew420

No. Viability of seed is environmental as well as genetic, maybe. I have not noticed this trend. We make a ton of seed and test. Sat, indi, hybrid, i feel it depends more on how ripe the seeds are/were when harvested.

Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i was looking for info about thiws, but i didnt found it.
after germinating hundreds of seeds of different strains today i realize that, as sativas grows faster than indicas, if they also germinate faster too. a lot of afghan, or kush strains are taking more than 72hs to pop while most of sativas like punto rojo, panamas, sativas paraguayas, etc etc germinate in only 24/48hs
so the full question is:
have you noticed that indica or mostly indica seeds take longer to germinate than sativas or sativa dominant seeds??
is there a rule here or some info i{m missing??
please if any of you have reliable information i will be thanked.
greets to the farm!

;)
Hmmm... I've not been able to germinate enough seeds of such disparity to be able to make that kind of observation. But! You put a picture in my head of a scene from a Nature program I was watching, can't recall what it was but they were showing how trees of the jungle are so incredibly vigorous in sprouting and hitting height in very short time frames so as to reach the sun ASAP.

In my head Sativa=tropical jungle plant, and Afghani=mountain plant. Am I wrong to think that this may be an evolutionary response in the Sativa dom or pure Sativa strains, if what you're observing is 100% true and repeatable?

I have no idea the truth to this, but it popped into my head and so I thought it's something worth considering. That said, homebrew's observations about health of the seed itself I'm sure plays a huge role. If we could remove that variable as a factor, I do wonder what we might observe.

Jamaica

Jamaica

hey, thank you for taking the time to answer,at
Homebrew420, thats really helpfull, i know viability of seed is as you said, but i talk about velocity, no viability, i have noticed that seeds that have sativa genes on it are faster in every way... but your experience is value for me, what i am saying is only an hipotesis, obviously i didnt read this on any book jejeje

Seamaiden, what i am observing is justa doubt that arises after germinate a lot of crosses of mine (35 different genetics) about 20 to 30 seeds of each. but i repeat i have no certainly of this, is just a question and a doubt to be solved with the experience of the farm!

:)

homebrew420

homebrew420

I see. Well in that case I see varied results there as well. Sat are generally a little faster. But I have seen ogs and kush seemingly explode from the shells. Good pairing and hybrid vigor for the win.

Peace

Jamaica

Jamaica

thats true, i have some indicas that explode in only 24hs, but i can justify that thinking is there some sativas genes on it.... or its too crazy?

thanks again homebrew!

Latest posts

Top Bottom