Have you used GoldLeaf fertilizer

• Thread starter cnw1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cnw1970

cnw1970

Was just wondering if anyone has used GoldLeaf and what your opinions are on it. They told me since I was using promix to feed at every watering. I read their reviews on their site and they're all great, but I don't trust companies to post bad reviews. https://goldleaffertilizer.com/
Have you used goldleaf fertilizer

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Supposed to have very low salts. In fact, they recommend not using an EC meter to feed.
All fertilizers are salts by definition. The salt index is a scale to measure the likelyhood of crop damage to very sensitive crops,ex:some will burn if applied as a foliar or burn tender roots,some may kill seed,temp and water content of the soil also come into play as dry and cooler soils will "burn" easier. Also there is no standard across the board using the same methods so sometimes it's marketing hype.

Z

Zill

Mr. Buzzz,
With all do respect, fertilizer by definition does not necessarily mean inorganic slats. It’s choice between inorganic salts and organic matter that breaks down into components the plant can use.

CNW,
Are you growing inside or outdoors?

This all I use. But I’m outdoors. At three feet tall I switch of to super phosphate (0-69-0) and Epsom salts now and again. Once in a while I’ll mix a very dilute solution of Epsom salts and FeSO4 and spray that for some foliar feeding. But, I’m outdoors growing in a well established vegetable garden. You indoor guys have it tough.

And yes, weak fertilizers if the wya to go. You cannot direc a plant to veg or flower if it's bombarded with nutrients. You want the plant happy and always a bit hungry. Other wise you could not switch from vegatative to flowerng. Have you ever put lawn fertilizer on a tomator plant?

Blastfact

Blastfact

I have been around folks that use Gold Leaf and know one commercial grower that swears by the stuff. They all quietly use it, like it. The one thing they all like is the simplicity of using it. The commercial grower I've know at least 20 years now. I wouldn't trust him to fix a pump, boiler or chiller. But he has been growing good weed for a long time and it's all he has used since we got medical here and he fired up his legal grow-op.

cnw1970

cnw1970

Growing indoors in Promix hp for the next couple of grows because I bought the 3.8 cu ft bale. When it's gone I'm switching to soil.

cnw1970

cnw1970

I have been around folks that use Gold Leaf and know one commercial grower that swears by the stuff. They all quietly use it, like it. The one thing they all like is the simplicity of using it. The commercial grower I've know at least 20 years now. I wouldn't trust him to fix a pump, boiler or chiller. But he has been growing good weed for a long time and it's all he has used since we got medical here and he fired up his legal grow-op.
That's good to hear. Thanks.

cnw1970

cnw1970

Looks like another rip off to me. Start a diary, lets see what it does- i'd watch.
I will start a diary very soon as my new beans have cracked and will get planted in a couple of days. We'll see what happens. I was using Homegrown Cannabis Co's standard nutrient package, and that combined with our very hard water (357 ppm) has caused me nothing but salt build-up issues. Stunted my girls really badly. They are in the 1st week of flowering and are all only 8-9 inches tall. It's a sad sight for sure! I have ordered a Zero Water pitcher to remove a lot of the minerals, but will now have to supplement with calmag.

T

Titleist

Already spent the money on this? This stuff looks decently expensive, looks like a liter may get you through a 4 plant 5/gallon grow, so add that onto the overall cost of the grow.

I'm not really sold on all-in-one liquid nute programs as some of the components in them deteriorate at different rates and could leave you with a less than stellar regimen.

Will be watching for a diary on this though

cnw1970

cnw1970

Already spent the money on this? This stuff looks decently expensive, looks like a liter may get you through a 4 plant 5/gallon grow, so add that onto the overall cost of the grow.

I'm not really sold on all-in-one liquid nute programs as some of the components in them deteriorate at different rates and could leave you with a less than stellar regimen.

Will be watching for a diary on this though
I will start a diary soon, as my new seeds have popped. I can say that I'm nothing but impressed by it so far. My tap PH is pretty consistent at 7.5-7.8. I mixed up a 5 gallon bucket with 40 ml, stirred it up, and waited a few minutes. I took a reading and my PH was at 5.8. So I let it set 10 more minutes and it never changed. My current 5 plants went through an accidental overfeeding that resulted in a salt build-up and nutrient deficiencies. They are stunted, but since I started GoldLeaf they look healthier than they ever have and are growing like crazy. I removed all the damaged leaves and they all look great. I look forward to using it on my next grow from the start. Pictures are the same plant 2 weeks apart.
20221025 121835
20221108 121253

T

Titleist

Without actually seeing the plants in person and a close up look of the leaves, and also assuming there aren't any other variables we cant see it seems like to old pics indicate a possible nitrogen deficiency. Also not being familiar with the strain you have there it would seem that if 2 weeks went by and it's greened up some and it's started budding better I'd guess this was a general nute deficiency. Of course there could be root issues, disease etc. This appears to be a sativa dominant strain, which some I've grown aren't as deep green as others. The variation in color though from the first pic shows a deficiency of some kind, and you did mention you overfed so a lockout probably occurred.

Top Bottom