Have Your Plastic Canopy Nets Ever Shed?

• Thread starter Elevator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Elevator

Elevator

Hi guys,
I just had a great harvest but had a big problem. I assumed there was quite a bit of dog hair in my harvest even though dogs aren't allowed in my grow room, but as I looked at it, the 'hairs' looked different. A friend who is a commercial trimmer here in Denver was helping harvest and he told me it was actually the plastic 4"x4" netting I have (Botanicare?) shedding. This was a brand new net and I've used nets for years and never had this problem, maybe here and there but not nearly at this level. It was on every strain, long hairs looping around and through the buds and it took an extra couple hours to stop and pull all the hairs out and I never want to deal with this again. So I have two questions:

1. Will using the softer, pricier cotton netting get rid of this problem in the future?

2. Could spraying organic pesticides* have caused this? Or was it due to me having to brush up against buds frequently in a tight grow space?

*I never had to spray anything for years, not even organics due to a sterile grow space. This last grow at a new location had PM issues due to an AC unit that died during a snowstorm and the humidity was crazy for a few days til I could get a replacement and I sprayed various organic oil-based pesticides and rinsed with a water/foliar agent before harvest.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have used Hortonova for YEARS, and reuse it in full sun, for years, without ever having this problem. I think it's the manufacturer. Go with Hortonova, it's a known entity.

Nothing you mention should be causing this problem, none of it. Buy the Hortonova and be done with it.

Elevator

Elevator

I have used Hortonova for YEARS, and reuse it in full sun, for years, without ever having this problem. I think it's the manufacturer. Go with Hortonova, it's a known entity.

Nothing you mention should be causing this problem, none of it. Buy the Hortonova and be done with it.

Thanks! I've never had this problem with using the same Botanicare nets for years but once is too many so I'll switch.

Top Bottom