Having a problem with seedling??

• Thread starter Cannitrustu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cannitrustu

Using ocean forest in solo cup. Lite watering and didn’t add anything else. One of the plants look deformed and spots on it. Anyone see this before and the cause?

Having a problem with seedling
OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Assuming your are planting indoors, how many hours of light is it getting and how close to the plant are the lights? you should start adding some nutrients. I use Cali-pro Grow A and B and some cal-mag at this stage of growing.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Have you watered atop of the leaves, possibly wetting them? I disagree on feeding it, it’s only a seedling, needs very little food and OF will carry a seedling for six weeks without anything added.

C

Cannitrustu

Assuming your are planting indoors, how many hours of light is it getting and how close to the plant are the lights? you should start adding some nutrients. I use Cali-pro Grow A and B and some cal-mag at this stage of growing.
It’s a couple feet. Par meter reads about 250 at this level. VPD is set at 0.9.

C

Cannitrustu

Have you watered atop of the leaves, possibly wetting them? I disagree on feeding it, it’s only a seedling, needs very little food and OF will carry a seedling for six weeks without anything added.
No should I mist them? Just very lite water to soil at 6.5ph. I have 4 sprouted seeds from the same soil at same level for light and airflow. I’m new to growing so I’m just puzzled. OF does have many nutrients in it already and I’m sure feeding it will surely kill it.

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

It’s a couple feet. Par meter reads about 250 at this level. VPD is set at 0.9.
Sounds right. Everyone in this site has opinions and I respect the opinions from all. It’s all about light, temperature, watering, and nutrients. IMHO, I would at least consider cal-mag. It looks like you are at the last stage of what’s called a seedling. If you look at the nutrient bottle, there are suggested doses for seedlings. Do you have a water softener? I found out some grows ago that my soft water was removing the calcium and magnesium, causing a yellowing on the leaves. But please consider other opinions.

C

Cannitrustu

Sounds right. Everyone in this site has opinions and I respect the opinions from all. It’s all about light, temperature, watering, and nutrients. IMHO, I would at least consider cal-mag. It looks like you are at the last stage of what’s called a seedling. If you look at the nutrient bottle, there are suggested doses for seedlings. Do you have a water softener? I found out some grows ago that my soft water was removing the calcium and magnesium, causing a yellowing on the leaves. But please consider other opinions.
I did forget to mention all water I use is RO water. Maybe I should have used tap?

Mothman

Mothman

I did forget to mention all water I use is RO water. Maybe I should have used tap?
At the moment I would be using the RO because I’m on public water. It’s treated to kill critters in the water so I assume it would be bad for the flora in the soil.

It’s probably not relying on the flora much at this young age just yet, though.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I am going to have to strongly disagree about feeding a plant this size.

What are your watering habits? The soil looks dry, but it looks like you've over watered, as well. I can't tell if your top leaves are not expanding because your roots are rotting or there just isn't any moisture in the soil.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I agree. It's not ready for added nutrients. FFOF has nutrients, so more aren't necessary.

The new leaves look okay, so I would just let it grow, while giving it normal care. It may recover on its own. I have seen seedlings get off to a rough start and then grow into healthy plants. The amount of nutrients a plant can use depends on the growth stage, size and health of the plant. This one may have had a bit too much or too soon from the FFOF.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Using ocean forest in solo cup. Lite watering and didn’t add anything else. One of the plants look deformed and spots on it. Anyone see this before and the cause?
I use Promix type soils and no food for 3 weeks, and a very light feed after they get transplanted into 1 gal pots from the solo cups. at 3 weeks I'll feed 2/2/2 ml/gal Micro/Grow/Bloom. Don't spray sprouts just keep them in a humid environment around 60%......

RO water kills my plants leaves off. If I use RO water I'll get yellow leaves within a few days, Back to back RO watering just about kills them off

C

Cannitrustu

What are your watering habits? The soil looks dry, but it looks like you've over watered, as well. I can't tell if your top leaves are not expanding because your roots are rotting or there just isn't any moisture in the soil.
Watering is done from a syringe about 10ml every 3 days. Is that too much?

TSD

TSD

Looks like it may be a watering issue or some water got on the leaves and the light fried them. Here's a good post about proper watering.

2Bad

2Bad

Looks like it may be a watering issue or some water got on the leaves and the light fried them. Here's a good post about proper watering.

Was thinking the same thing. Overwatering isn't giving too much at one time. Always water until a couple drops come out of the bottom. Then wait til dry and cup is light and water again.

V

Vic2459

Do not give nutrients yet if anything you should have started out with starter mix and then transplanted into OF. It may have too much nutrients right now. How close is your light and what kind of wattage and what percent do you have light at?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Watering is done from a syringe about 10ml every 3 days. Is that too much?
Ah no, just no, flood your pot and saturate the soil then flood it again and make sure its all wet. then let dry it should take about 4 days in those cups at 78f, on its first water then flood and water again make sure its all saturated water pouring out the bottom is fine let it drip until no water is coming out the bottom clean the tray and let dry. Don't let it sit in water.

T

TheShroomsDidIt

Ah no, just no, flood your pot and saturate the soil then flood it again and make sure its all wet. then let dry it should take about 4 days in those cups at 78f, on its first water then flood and water again make sure its all saturated water pouring out the bottom is fine let it drip until no water is coming out the bottom clean the tray and let dry. Don't let it sit in water.
This is how I been doing it. It's between 3 qnd 4 it just depends. I just flood it let it all work its way down then get ut all drained through the holes at the bottom of the cup. Then do it again qnd drain the bottom holes as best u can then elevate them with a tray or something so air can get under the cup. Been working great for me so far
20230323 151323

Top Bottom