Having a problem with THC extraction

• Thread starter Yoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yoan

Hello there!

I hope you are all well, a pretty nice forum you have here, love it!!! :)

So, I watched several videos on how to extract THC using alcohol. So I got about 10g of really nice weed (just 10g yeah, weed is FUCKING expensive here...) and a bottle of really good absinthe (68% vol.).

So then I grinded and cleaned it. Heated it a little before I put it into the jar. The ratio was about 3:1 (alcohol:weed) and I tought it was ok because on one of the videos they say 4:1, but saw some other guys do it 2:1 and 1,5:1.

Anyway, I left the alcohol to boil for about 50 minutes (a really soft boil with small ballons). After that I filtered the liquid from the marijuana and ofcourse wanted to tested it.

It was recommended do to a few drops to see how it feels, so I started with 6 drops but 40 minutes later I felt almost nothing, then I decided to take another ~8 drops... and so on Ive been increasing it...

At the end I got 2 soop spoons and guess what... almost nothing happend again... just cant get high with this shit.

Anyway I checked in the comments and some more forums on what I have done wrong. They said that I have to wait a couple of days and this is when the shit gets stronger. Also read some more opinions to get the alcohol evaporated so I leave with just oil, but what should I do with this oil? Smoke it? Eat it?

However, I placed the filtered marijuana back in the jar with alcohol and left it for the night.

So my question is: What I did wrong? Or is it that I have to wait?
Should I evaporate the alcohol in order to get the oil (They say its even stronger) and how much is the normal doze?

Thank you!!

Y

Yoan

P.S. If I leave the alcohol evaporate wouldn`t that be a waste of THC?
As far as I understand the THC dissolve in FAT and ALCOHOL, so the alcohol contains the THC and if I leave it to evaporate wouldn`t the THC in the alcohol evaporate as well or it will stay in the oil that we want to have at the end?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Probaly better to post on hashish forum

Graywolf

Graywolf

P.S. If I leave the alcohol evaporate wouldn`t that be a waste of THC?
As far as I understand the THC dissolve in FAT and ALCOHOL, so the alcohol contains the THC and if I leave it to evaporate wouldn`t the THC in the alcohol evaporate as well or it will stay in the oil that we want to have at the end?

Hi Yoan,

68% alcohol, is 32% water and extracts things that you don't want in your meds.

Boiling in alcohol, picks up not only the water solubles, but a boatload of chlorophyll, which tastes and vaporizes harsh, and which gives some people severe gastric distress, though in smaller doses it is generally salubrious.

I recommend 95% ethanol and a frozen QWET extraction, if you are after quality.

Top Bottom