Having an issue with Hydroponics

• Thread starter Horus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Horus

Horus

Greetings farmers!! It's been a long time since I've posted here. I hope you are all healthy and well!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

Just recently i decided to try some hydroponics. I made an Rdwc system and now trying to figure out, how to use it correctly.

My system works just fine(i think ๐Ÿ’ญ so), the nutes i using are terra aquatica tri part. Atm i following first roots schedule, which is 0.5ml of every each per liter. Also im using TA pro roots stimulator as mentioned in TA schedule. Water im using is RO. Ph around 5.7 and ppm around 350. Water temperature around 23. Air pump is 2400 lt/h for 4, 20 lt buckets.
My lights are LED Lumatek 465 zeus pro c.
Seeds were terminated in rockwool cubes till roots showed up, after placed in pots with hydroton. The rockwool cubes are not on the bottom of the net pot, but on some layers of the hydroton.

On my pics those are actually different plants. I replaced some badly damaged plants with newer seedlings, but all of them are wilting.
I just can't understand why this is happening. Net pots are like 2 inches above the water. Also i can see some roots and there is no pythium. My lights were at 25%, them i turned them on 50%, the distance between lights and plants is around 10 inches.
I poured some water a couple of times on hydroton, tried to avoid the rockwool area. Looks to me like overwatering, but i have no clue. Is it possible that rockwool is choking them, I don't know...

Any info would be super appreciated ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Thank you for taking your time and reading โœŒ๐Ÿผ

Having an issue with hydroponics
Having an issue with hydroponics 2
Having an issue with hydroponics 3
Having an issue with hydroponics 4
Having an issue with hydroponics 5
Having an issue with hydroponics 6
DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Looks to me like they are drying out, with no access to the water having such small root zones they are not able to hydrate.
Think of the process of slowly coaxing the roots out of the medium into the water, which for a time may require the water to just barely touch the net pots.
The plants pictured are too young to require any nutrient; you may be burning them even with a light dose; as they dry out any salts in the medium will saturate to the roots causing excessive mineral buildup.
Small amounts of B vitamin and root promoter are are good.
Check your PPM, if you are over 300 you have too much nutrients for the size of plants.
Dont forget to rinse your Hydroton in pH balanced water before using it.

GGno4 Fan

GGno4 Fan

I would Handwater for 2 Weeks or so. Just use a cup and dump the "Water" on them till the roots are big enough.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Iโ€™m also in the RDWC, and my seedlings were hatched in Rockwool also, but I have a halo that feeds water to my rootball and keeps my rocks somewhat moist, and I set my cubes a bit deeper than yours, bout half way down in the basket.
Best of luck ๐Ÿ‘

IMG 7710
Horus

Horus

Hey you guys, thank you so much for taking your time and replying!!
Dustytrails, cool setup!!
I see what you talking about, and i can't wait to try it again.
See, i expecting some plasterers for labour around this time, and i quit this growing attempt.
I just can't have people working around the house while im on grow.

Once again, big thanks for the info!! Blessings โœจโœŒ๐Ÿผ

Top Bottom