having high electric bill readings

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
admiralcornp

admiralcornp

i didn't read this kids wall of text, but, personal grow is not legal in MA.

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

as far as timers id use the hard wired timers (water heater timers).. the plug in ones are just way to dangerous for 1000w.. Plug in timers are only rated for 15amp max.. plus there is a chance of them getting unplugged by a slight bump or tug on the cord.. I wouldn't steal the power that's just bad karma.. pay ur bill on time u should be good.. It never hurts to have a excuse why ur using so much power like metioned above a welder or kiln for pottery anything that draws a lot of power.. I like the idea of kilns cause u run them for long times and they draw a lot of power, I think u would be surprised that ur not the only one in Mass that running a warehouse grow, its been happening way before its been legal in ur state good luck

Fla Toker

Fla Toker

Pay your bills on time and I think you'll be okay. Don't steal the electric. Be kind and hopefully all will turn out great !!

G

Gnostic

set it up. flip it on. and pay the bill... one light one plant.

tromak

tromak

The average cost in the u.s. per kwh is 12 cents. Let's do some math 50 for your high estimated watt usage × 12 will give you cost per hour. That will come to 600 cents per hour or 6 dollars. Let's say you run an 18/6 schedule for 3 weeks veg 18×6×21=2268 bucks for your electric bill for veg now let's go 12/12 for 8 weeks. To make it simple I will say 24 for 4 weeks. 24×6×28=4032 bucks for your flowering bill. For a grand total of exactly 6300 bucks for your grow light electric bill. Yes they will notice,but if you pay the most likely won't care.

sixstring

sixstring

Ok so im in michigan and i been kinda watching my electric bill for a few months since it got warm out.i run mostly 600w hps and a few 750w de and right now im paying an average of 50 bucks per light and that includes all fans and a/c.plus i just counted my veg as 3 x 600 because in there in using 1650w of t5 fixtures.i pay .12c per kwh off peak and .17c kwh during peak so average of about 15 cents per kwh.
I would think 60 bucks a light would be real close for 1000w rooms.

Top Bottom