Having huge problem on in wich i have never seen before hope for some HELP

• Thread starter Barefoot_growing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

The problem is the lower buds are drowning and dying out and seems to be moving up the buds its not a bug problem been bottom feeding I grow with organic nutrients and spray with name oil
Having huge problem on in wich i have never seen before hope for some help

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
likely the neem spray... why spray with no bugs is my question.

Neem works great for prevention if used correctly.

The problem is the lower buds are drowning and dying out and seems to be moving up the buds its not a bug problem been bottom feeding I grow with organic nutrients and spray with name oilView attachment 1021799

How are you spraying your neem? What brand and how strong are you making it? Are you making SURE to spray during lights off? If you spray neem while the lights are on you will get what is known as "neem burn"..

Always always always spray neem oil just after your lights go out for the night. They need at LEAST 4 hours of darkness while the neem dries on the leaves. If you don't have the time, don't do it!

ALSO biggest problem here - buds + neem = shit. Never use neem once your plants have buds. That stuff will make your buds taste horrible!

I highly suggest switching to AgroMagen GrowSafe Biopesticide.
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...2&sr=1-1-f7123c3d-6c2e-4dbe-9d7a-6185fb77bc58

You can use this stuff on clones, seedlings, during veg or flower, up until the day of harvest. Also, this is one of few pesticides approved for use in the State of Colorado for Hemp and Medical Marijuana crops. Neem oil, is not approved by them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seen neem burn many many plants on here. Personally a healthy plant is less susceptible to bug infestations. If you need to use neem indoors as a preventative i would say there are some housekeeping issues.

And many use it improperly as far as I have seen. None the less I think it's the neem oil that is responsible for this

lilnew

lilnew

Seen neem burn many many plants on here. Personally a healthy plant is less susceptible to bug infestations. If you need to use neem indoors as a preventative i would say there are some housekeeping issues.

And many use it improperly as far as I have seen. None the less I think it's the neem oil that is responsible for this
i'd just use organic soap+essential oil+water as a preventative. cuz bugs hate smell like peppermint

Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

Its not a neem oil burn dont use it on flowering plants been growing for about 15 year now inside and outside I bottom feed most the time its not over feeding or to wet not drying out was thinking it was just in the tangie bread I have. But seen it in then granddaddy Banner also this morning so now wondering ????

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well sounds like you have your answer. Just food for thought what happens when a plant stops transpiring... looks kind like that. I would assume neem but for a plant to just do that overnight its something very acute. Looks like its literally a branch off a plant.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
The last time I had an issue with just single branches dying for "no apparent reason", I found root rot was the cause.

Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

I got nerves and harvested. It last night so it couldn't effect the rest but just not sure about the rest the Durban passion doesn't seem to have anything on it looks great there all in the same flowering tent

Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

The last time I had an issue with just single branches dying for "no apparent reason", I found root rot was the cause.
Was it seeming to travel up the flowers for bottom to the top thats whats happening

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so you post a branch you cut off a plant last night and ask for a diagnosis without even giving that info? Wow

I was kinda thinking and why I said in my last post it looks like it just stopped transpiring like all of a sudden, like a branch was just cut off... which made me think has to be the neem spray.

Well I'm out here not into games.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Was it seeming to travel up the flowers for bottom to the top thats whats happening

I don't remember... But it could be that you are starting to get root rot in just one spot of the roots, and it could be just the roots that are attached to that branch, that are infected. As the infection grows, the branch will show similar degradation.

Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

so you post a branch you cut off a plant last night and ask for a diagnosis without even giving that info? Wow

I was kinda thinking and why I said in my last post it looks like it just stopped transpiring like all of a sudden, like a branch was just cut off... which made me think has to be the neem spray.

Well I'm out here not into games.
Glad u think im playing games you no help must be I cant read I DONT USE NEEM OIL ON FLOWERING PLANTS

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now understanding im looking at a plant that has been cut down would say bud rot. But who knows with no actual plants pics and no info of substance.

Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

I don't remember... But it could be that you are starting to get root rot in just one spot of the roots, and it could be just the roots that are attached to that branch, that are infected. As the infection grows, the branch will show similar degradation.

Anthem

Anthem

Glad u think im playing games you no help must be I cant read I DONT USE NEEM OIL ON FLOWERING PLANTS
Well first of all, it would be reasonable for a person asking for help to treat people tying to help with some respect. Secondly, I would not even waste my time harvesting that branch, as in it would go straight into the compost pile.
But look at the bright side of things, you got 15 years of growing experience and you have learned something new.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Now understanding im looking at a plant that has been cut down would say bud rot.

Yeah, could be bud rot, too.

Barefoot_growing - Can you give us some more information so we can better understand the situation?

Environment, room temp, relative humidity, lighting, light schedule, growing medium (soil, soilless (coco), etc?) nutrients used? amounts of each nutrient used, ppm, pH, watering/feeding schedule?

Barefoot_growing

Barefoot_growing

Thank for the info I will look at the root system and see if there any burn on them and will try hitting it with micro's and see

Top Bottom