Having problem with TDS AFTER RUNOFF

• Thread starter Simba1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Simba1

Simba1

Hi guys and girls,
I have 2 and 3 weeks old plant and I checked my plants run off, 2 of them are 1250 ppm and other one is 950ppm the last one is 850 ppm the ph is around 7 and 8 its high how can I bring down the TDS and PH of my SOIL please I need help,
One love all.

Simba1

Simba1

if only a pic was to apear maybe a magic genie could help
but that genie probally need more info
you dig hahah
Hi oldskol4ever, tnx for ur reply these are pic that u wanted,I got those number by TDS meter and ph with ph papare I cant afford to buy a digital at the moment ,
One love.

Caterpillar_killa

Caterpillar_killa

They look healthy my guy. If you aren’t using liquid nutrients don’t worry about it. Soil that had amendments will have a high ppm because it’s fresh, also if you aren’t using liquid nutes don’t water unit there is runoff, that is wasting the nutrients in your soil. Just don’t overthink growing, that the problem I had when I first started out, it took me over 2 years to realize it’s called weed for a reason.

Simba1

Simba1

They look healthy my guy. If you aren’t using liquid nutrients don’t worry about it. Soil that had amendments will have a high ppm because it’s fresh, also if you aren’t using liquid nutes don’t water unit there is runoff, that is wasting the nutrients in your soil. Just don’t overthink growing, that the problem I had when I first started out, it took me over 2 years to realize it’s called weed for a reason.
Tnx for ur reply, I havent give them any thing yet,I did flush the soil with Ro water,after that I have got the some how fine TDS around 600 to 950 pp, I am going to feed them General hydro fert later,after I flush the soil they changed tehy like getting better and bouncing back somehow.

Caterpillar_killa

Caterpillar_killa

Dry amendments are the way to go grochacho. Less work, u won’t have to check your Ppm or ph. Look up some videos on YouTube and you’ll see what I taking about.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi oldskol4ever, tnx for ur reply these are pic that u wanted,I got those number by TDS meter and ph with ph papare I cant afford to buy a digital at the moment ,
One love.
what kind soil?
are you leaning or lifting pots to tell if they need feed?
when you check runoff,water a little until you get runoff,stop clean trays,come back 30 min later and feed until runoff again,then take the sample and check runoff.
those plants look fine and the 1250 you got cant be right or them little plants would be yellow and almost dead if it was true 1250 ppm,at the stage of life you are at 300 ppm and ph for soil would be 6.5 and 6.0 for coco,i cant really tell what medium that is ,one thing for sure it does look really wet

Simba1

Simba1

what kind soil?
when you check runoff,water a little until you get runoff,stop clean trays,come back 30 min later and feed until runoff again,then take the sample and check runoff.
those plants look fine and the 1250 you got cant be right or them little plants would be yellow and almost dead if it was true 1250 ppm,at the stage of life you are at 300 ppm and ph for soil would be 6.5 and 6.0 for coco,i cant really tell what medium that is ,one thing for sure it does look really wet
Yes I am checking thire weights every day, but It was looks like they have goten stun ,thats why I checked the Run offs ,I USE MIX OF 50%peatmoss,40%coc,rest is perlit and wermiculit ,wermicompose,myco super plus and I have added 1 tea spon humic acid to half squer metter of soil,the number on TDS was 125 ×10 and after I washed the soil with RO water it reduced to 950 ppm and they have goten better and better in colore and growing ,and ph I have got was between 7 to 8, I use papaer tester I cant afford digital at the moment ,
I want to water them after a week or 4 days and check the run off if its got low then, I will start feeding them some GH nut.

growsince79

growsince79

what kind soil?
Organic nutes don't measure the same as bottles. 1250 is actually pretty low. Cocoloco for example starts over 2000.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yes I am checking thire weights every day, but It was looks like they have goten stun ,thats why I checked the Run offs ,I USE MIX OF 50%peatmoss,40%coc,rest is perlit and wermiculit ,wermicompose,myco super plus and I have added 1 tea spon humic acid to half squer metter of soil,the number on TDS was 125 ×10 and after I washed the soil with RO water it reduced to 950 ppm and they have goten better and better in colore and growing ,and ph I have got was between 7 to 8, I use papaer tester I cant afford digital at the moment ,
I want to water them after a week or 4 days and check the run off if its got low then, I will start feeding them some GH nut.
ok i see the problem,your in one them mixs that you dont know which way to feed,half peat moss,that feeding would be 6.5ph,the coco would be 6 ,so your 50/40 mix kinda leaves you in limbo of which way to goon feeding,so im out i havent quite understood why they do this mix in first place,mt thought,50.40 peat moss /perlite,ot 50/40 coco perlite,at the least you know how to feed,i sure wouldnt feed dry amends if you are,your looking for a train wreck,that joker on you tube might have a grand worth experience using the dry stuff,but it is not for the newbie.
when you feed dry amends you scratch it into the top of your soil,which you dont have or do you see what i mean,when you scratch it in you just water over it and nutes go down,that works just great for veggies in the outdoors
im visiting 4 difrent forums daily and every one that try dry amends in soil or coco or perlite for that matter flood the forums with help me threads.
i love fox farm soil,but the worst shit they have is that coco loco crap,sorry just telling the truth,but i suggest you feed by the hannah feed schedule as in ec/ppm counts to the T and as far as your ph ,i have gone as high as 6.2 in coco and 6.8 in soil and struggled threw a run ,so that one is in your court mate,sorry couldnt help

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Organic nutes don't measure the same as bottles. 1250 is actually pretty low. Cocoloco for example starts over 2000.
im not down for that one mate,ec value coming out bottom of pot dont isolate dry amends or bottle amends so nice try ,but bad info there we agree to disagree

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi guys and girls,
I have 2 and 3 weeks old plant and I checked my plants run off, 2 of them are 1250 ppm and other one is 950ppm the last one is 850 ppm the ph is around 7 and 8 its high how can I bring down the TDS and PH of my SOIL please I need help,
One love all.
I didn't read your thread mr. Simba but I noticed something in one of your pictures that I wanted to point out to you, you may be overwatering

Screenshot 20201023 104005 Photo Editor

Over-watering could cause root issues and root issues could cause the issues you're seeing with your plants, and also affect your readings

growsince79

growsince79

ok i see the problem,your in one them mixs that you dont know which way to feed,half peat moss,that feeding would be 6.5ph,the coco would be 6 ,so your 50/40 mix kinda leaves you in limbo of which way to goon feeding,so im out i havent quite understood why they do this mix in first place,mt thought,50.40 peat moss /perlite,ot 50/40 coco perlite,at the least you know how to feed,i sure wouldnt feed dry amends if you are,your looking for a train wreck,that joker on you tube might have a grand worth experience using the dry stuff,but it is not for the newbie.
when you feed dry amends you scratch it into the top of your soil,which you dont have or do you see what i mean,when you scratch it in you just water over it and nutes go down,that works just great for veggies in the outdoors
im visiting 4 difrent forums daily and every one that try dry amends in soil or coco or perlite for that matter flood the forums with help me threads.
i love fox farm soil,but the worst shit they have is that coco loco crap,sorry just telling the truth,but i suggest you feed by the hannah feed schedule as in ec/ppm counts to the T and as far as your ph ,i have gone as high as 6.2 in coco and 6.8 in soil and struggled threw a run ,so that one is in your court mate,sorry couldnt help
Grown in cocoloco and happy frog dry amendments. About 2000ppm

Simba1

Simba1

You are 100% wrong. Buy a bag of ffof or cocoloco and see for yourself. Seedlings grow perfect with 2000+ ppm runoff.
Yeh I wanted to ask that,how much ppm you will have from your run off with peatmoss mix?
And when you feeding how you know how much Tds will be in there specialy EC ?or its doesnt matter ?

Simba1

Simba1

I didn't read your thread mr. Simba but I noticed something in one of your pictures that I wanted to point out to you, you may be overwatering

View attachment 1047324

Over-watering could cause root issues and root issues could cause the issues you're seeing with your plants, and also affect your readings
Thats cotilydon if I have wrot right!?its become yellow so I decided to put some soil on it ,the wet soil u see its due to washing the soil I use to give small amount of water so I didnt had runoff so after they got to shock I decided to check the TDS and was high ,now they look fine the low leaf was gettong brown after the wash it stoped .

growsince79

growsince79

Yeh I wanted to ask that,how much ppm you will have from your run off with peatmoss mix?
And when you feeding how you know how much Tds will be in there specialy EC ?or its doesnt matter ?
I don't use peat mix. Others on this board have confirmed ffof is similar to cocoloco. Mixing bottles and organics is tricky. I wait until the plant gets hungry and then start bottles at 600ppm. Mid flower now and they are getting 750ppm now. Runoff is about 1200. In the future I gonna start in cocoloco and up pot to promix for better control.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Apparently my red circle wasn't concise, what I see is a possible condition akin to damping off, good luck.

20201023 113917

Edit: a plant that small in Fresh foxfarm Ocean Forest has all the nutrients it needs your plants are pale because you have root issues caused by overwatering I can't be any more concise my friend that's what I believe you have going on others may feel differently good luck

Last edited:
Simba1

Simba1

I don't use peat mix. Others on this board have confirmed ffof is similar to cocoloco. Mixing bottles and organics is tricky. I wait until the plant gets hungry and then start bottles at 600ppm. Mid flower now and they are getting 750ppm now. Runoff is about 1200. In the future I gonna start in cocoloco and up pot to promix for better control.
How you know the plant is hungry sorry it sounds like a stupid question but I really dont know !??

Latest posts

Top Bottom