Having problems with bud developement

• Thread starter tommytwotone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tommytwotone

so I am 4-5 weeks into my first real coco grow and I think I hit a wall

all of my plants where growing great and packing on bud. then all of a sudden like a week ago they stopped growing, the buds stopped developing
and now I am developing red hairs (seems way to early)

The only change that I made recently was to remove the automated watering and water by hand.

When automated I was watering about 1.5 liters a day of 500-600 ppm water

now by hand watering I am watering every 1-2 days about 1 gallon of water at 400 ppms

Could my lower ppms be causing poor bud development?
or is it possible that as compared to my aero grows my bud development will be substantially less

intruder

intruder

so I am 4-5 weeks into my first real coco grow and I think I hit a wall

all of my plants where growing great and packing on bud. then all of a sudden like a week ago they stopped growing, the buds stopped developing
and now I am developing red hairs (seems way to early)

The only change that I made recently was to remove the automated watering and water by hand.

When automated I was watering about 1.5 liters a day of 500-600 ppm water

now by hand watering I am watering every 1-2 days about 1 gallon of water at 400 ppms

Could my lower ppms be causing poor bud development?
or is it possible that as compared to my aero grows my bud development will be substantially less

I run drain to waste I start at about 600 and end around 1100 before I flush for a week or so and nothing but stellar results

I think your low ppms is whats giving you the issues

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Coco will not yeild as much as aero. Are you noticing any yellowing of leaves to suggest lockout? are you using Cal mag?

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Coco will not yeild as much as aero.

My coco setup kicks my UnderCurrent's ass, so I am disagreeing with this statement.

Do you have a hermaphrodite plant in the room? I'd be looking for some male flowers if my plants stopped growing at week 4 and I started seeing red hairs....... those red hairs could mean your plants are pollinated......

T

tommytwotone

thats a ringer for the hermy, found him yesterday.

However one of my rooms does have nute lock out.. lots of yellow leaves.

how can I fix nute lock???

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

My coco setup kicks my UnderCurrent's ass, so I am disagreeing with this statement.

Do you have a hermaphrodite plant in the room? I'd be looking for some male flowers if my plants stopped growing at week 4 and I started seeing red hairs....... those red hairs could mean your plants are pollinated......

Good call on the hermie! I am not trying to get defensive (as I grow in COCO) but I think it has been proven that a grower who is skilled in UC or Aero will outproduce a skilled coco grower all things being equal. Maby your coco grows outperform your UC grows but that just means you haven't really dialed your UC (which is hard to do). I dont think it is a matter of opinion as much as it is a matter of empirical evidence. DD's gets 4+ lb plants... have any of the coco verts yielded that yet? most coco tree growers are shooting for 2lb plants.

Fot the nute lockout I would flush with phed water with cal mag and micros and dont be shy give em a good flush. Then put low dose cal mag in with your other waterings.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

iscrog4food there are coco growers hitting the same numbers as mpb/undercurrent growers just look around. Jaliscokid posted a pic with a 4+lb in chow mix, Janus +3lb in perlite, Dizzle pulling better runs in coco than mpb, and Ive pulled 2.5lb before on chow mix before. So I think coco is showing to be just productive as rdwc without the hassles.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thats a ringer for the hermy, found him yesterday.

However one of my rooms does have nute lock out.. lots of yellow leaves.

how can I fix nute lock???
That's nowhere nearly enough information for anyone to give anything other than a rough guess as to what should be done. Why do you think there's a nute lock-out? What else is happening, do you observe?

For instance, a nute lock-out could be occurring because pH is off (or not to these girls' liking). Or, it could be happening because of how you feed. OR! It could not be a lock-out at all but a toxicity.

Or it could be something else entirely. The hermie that you found, is this something you or anyone you know has run before without ever hitting a snag? That can be an indicator of something you might not be considering.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Root Aphids can cause nute lockout symptoms and also could make a plant hermie... they stress the eff' out of the plant, that's for sure!

dextr0

dextr0

That's nowhere nearly enough information for anyone to give anything other than a rough guess as to what should be done. Why do you think there's a nute lock-out? What else is happening, do you observe?

For instance, a nute lock-out could be occurring because pH is off (or not to these girls' liking). Or, it could be happening because of how you feed. OR! It could not be a lock-out at all but a toxicity.

Or it could be something else entirely. The hermie that you found, is this something you or anyone you know has run before without ever hitting a snag? That can be an indicator of something you might not be considering.

Got to love Seas quick, concise assessments of tha situation.

Im sayin though shes lettin u know, when u ask a question, ask it right. And let us know what you see, because we can talk shop all day.

B

bigAl25

This happened to me on my current grow after the fourth week of flower. The problem was a timer error in the middle of 12 hours of darkness. One notch was pushed down causing the lights to come back on for 15 minutes in the middle of darkness. It took me a week and half to figure it out. My plants stopped flowering and started to put out one leafs on the stems, like in revegging. Good luck with your solution.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Got to love Seas quick, concise assessments of tha situation.

Im sayin though shes lettin u know, when u ask a question, ask it right. And let us know what you see, because we can talk shop all day.

What are you talking about, I diagnosed the problem!? I'm about sick of seeing you sexually repressed canna-wanna-bees brownosing Seamaiden's posts, it's fucking disgusting and pathetic. She's old enough to be your mother, plus she's married. Go find a girl, take her on a date, quit wacking off all day fantasizing about weed and the women that grow it! :worried

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
ah ha ah!!! We love u too mane. For real.

I just feel so sexually repressed lately!!! ROFL! :) Women have the world by the balls.... sometimes, literally!

If you have a Dispensary in Colorado, and you have female Budtenders, the place will be packed!

dextr0

dextr0

Homeboy I give credit where it is do. Im sorry I overlooked your posts. Ill be on the look out from now on.

I laugh but im for real.

bloads

bloads

This happened to me on my current grow after the fourth week of flower. The problem was a timer error in the middle of 12 hours of darkness. One notch was pushed down causing the lights to come back on for 15 minutes in the middle of darkness. It took me a week and half to figure it out. My plants stopped flowering and started to put out one leafs on the stems, like in revegging. Good luck with your solution.

What did this do to your final flowering time, pushed back 1 1/2 weeks? What about your yield/quality

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bloads, this has only happened to me once (via light leak, not via timer malfunction), and it definitely cut into yield. I tried giving them more flowering time and I never saw what I was hoping for.

Al, thanks for posting that, it's given me an idea.

S

smkedwiteguy

How it going, Im a coco grower too. Do you leach at all? You should be leaching every 12 to 14 days with coco. I perfer clearex from botaicare, 12 ml per gall, ph to 5.8 and that should help. 400 ppm is pretty low. depending on the strain your workin with i would sy that about 1000 ppm is pretty safe. I would creep up slow to 1000 though, maybe 100 to 150 increase at a time. what kind of nutrients u using. I recomend botanicare cns17 coco or house and garden coco, both of those are real hitters and will give you a really nice product. hope this helps

HashZeppelin

HashZeppelin

I am having red hairs a little early on one plant right now too and am trying to figure out if it needs more or less food. this is easy in hydro or coco. just flush for two days in ph'ed water. as the roots correct themselves you will see the plant fix the problem if it was over feed, if it was under feed then the deficiency will show and then you feed more.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know if feeding really affects pistil development. Is there any possibility of pollination, seeing as how you say they went a little early? IME that's what it is, that, or I've used something on them that has caused them to turn.

Top Bottom