Having problems with condensation building up on the intake ducts and fitting my wye.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Hey just looking for a little help with alot of condensation building up on my intake ductwork . I'm getting readings of 75% RH.....insane. Anyways I'm running 10" intakes into 3 lights each. Running a flip system.
They are so bad that my first magnum reflector has a small puddle on the glass.

Other problem is my wye I ordered is 12" exactly so it won't fit in or around my 12" max-fan. I would love suggestions or I will Duct taping it on and that won't be the most stable.

Here's a few pics. I put some grey paint or foam on that my wife grabed.
Duct problems 002
Duct problems 003
Duct problems 004
Duct problems 005
Duct problems 007
Duct problems 008
Duct problems 009
Duct problems 010
Duct problems 011

hotRod

hotRod

Do you have fan speed controls? If you do turn down the intake fans.
If not buy one or two. I had the same issue and it helped a lot!

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Insulate that duct bro. It's the cold air coming in contact with the warm air from the room. Condensation forms. Wrap some Faoil Faced insulation around all exposed pipes. Should stop it.

juggernaut

juggernaut

I did insulate it but now all 3 lights were soaked on the outside of the glass. Seems like the moisture just moved down the line.Damn
i'll post a pic tomorrow. They completly soaked a shower towel.

montanamike1

montanamike1

The only solution short of completely reconfiguring your setup is to put a 90 pint dehuey directly underneath your problem area and empty it every day or two.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Get a fan speed controller which will reduce the flow and put a prefilter on the intake which will also reduce the flow and help keep your lights clean. Don't insulate it because you want the condensate to drip before it hits the lights. Putting a dehumey or ac will help too by reducing the moisture in the air. If you are not running co2 you can also put a Y on the intake so it pulls some of the air from the room which will reduce the humidity in the room and also reduce the temp differential. You can tape over part of the y to adjust the effect. Also depending on where your intake is you can attempt to increase the intake temp (Perhaps building a doghouse around the intake if it is a basement window and putting a space heater there.) or relocate the intake to pull warmer air until it warms up outside.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

speed controller or warmer air or a mix of both

hook all 6 on one fan, you just have to much cold air running through the pipes. It hits the warm air in your room = water all over, not good and can be dangerous.

Top Bottom